241 MILLERS FALLS ROAD
Turners Falls, MA
Job Title: Program Administrator (Temporary)
Job Class: Full-Time Temporary (37.5 hours per week), Non-Exempt
Job Summary: The Program Administrator works under the direction of the Housing and Consumer Education Center (HCEC) Director to implement housing assistance programs serving primarily low- and moderate-income households in Franklin County who are experiencing housing instability.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide information, referrals and brief counseling to clients on housing-related issues, specifically including but not limited to homeless prevention and financial literacy.
2. Assist Director with development, marketing and delivery of outreach strategies and educational programs on housing related issues.
3. Assist with outreach and intake for housing assistance programs; assist applicants with completing applications for programs and services offered by HRA.
4. Gather and enter data on applicants and program participants into established databases for the purposes of tracking and reporting on numbers of clients served and the types of assistance they receive.
5. Maintain an awareness of current rules, regulations, and policies relating to housing programs administered by the HCEC.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Supervision Received: The Program Administrator works under the supervision of the Housing Consumer Education Center Director.
Supervision Given: None
1. Demonstrated success in working with individuals and groups. Respect for and sensitivity to the challenges faced by people with low income, persons with disabilities and elders required.
2. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
3. Demonstrated ability to solve problems independently.
4. Demonstrated ability to organize and plan work in a timely manner and to handle a high volume of demanding work.
5. Demonstrated ability to collect and analyze data. Familiarity with CounselorMax a plus.
Education & Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. Minimum of 2 years working in the financial industry, housing counseling or related field preferred.
3. Experience successfully completing complex tasks with a minimum of supervision.
4. Spanish language or American Sign Language skills a plus.
Other: This position may require travel across Franklin County for meetings and workshops.
Job Term, Pay Benefits:
Franklin County Regional Housing and Redevelopment Authority is funded substantially by government programs which will be changed, modified or deleted from time to time. This position is funded by temporary contracts that are being administered in response to the COVID pandemic. This position is benefit eligible.
Salary and benefits are according to state and federal law, Board approved personnel policies and budget. HRA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com