Accountable for the management of a portfolio of five contiguous communities comprised of more than nine-hundred apartments. Ensure their teams are equipped to run their respective communities effectively and efficiently by maximizing occupancy and rental income; meeting and exceeding budgeted NOI; minimizing delinquency and expenses where applicable; ensuring highest physical standards; while most importantly providing quality service for our residents.
Support the Chief of Property Management in developing, training and implementing new systems, processes and protocols.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Optimize the operational performance of the portfolio by conducting regularly scheduled meetings with site teams to review each community’s operational performance
- Lead and monitor teams to successfully adhere to all management contracts and pertinent affordable programs
- Maximize occupancy by leading teams in adopting strategies to reduce vacant down days to increase physical occupancy
- Build site teams and provide training, motivation, and direction for superior performance
- Conduct monthly reviews of financial operating statements
- Optimize Gross Potential Rent (GPR) to achieve and maintain each community’s economic stability, budget, and cash flow targets
- Facilitate cost-effective and efficient unit turns
- Mentor and lead site teams in the preparation of the annual budgets
- Collaborate with 2Life’s Asset Manager in achieving asset management goals for each community
- Participate in local agency and industry organizations and events to build network and brand
- Collaborate with community Life team to implement meaningful programs and services to enhance the experience and life of our residents
- Collaborate with the facilities team in identifying and budgeting for each community’s annual capital budget.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience in Property Management or Real Estate Asset Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Real Estate or related field.
- Advanced degree, Certified Property Manager and HUD Occupancy certifications preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the affordable housing industry and applicable federal, state, and local government regulations.
- Computer proficiency, particularly Google WorkSpace, Salesforce, Real Page or Yardi.
- Superior people skills: ability to influence others, build relationships internal and external
- Highly detail-oriented and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyze and react to trends, monthly Profit and Loss statements, and build and analyze budgets
- Able to engage in and establish a strong working relationship with various stakeholders and third-party owners and/or partners
- Direct supervisory responsibility for site teams within assigned portfolio
2LIFE COMMUNITIES provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission-driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in community – to live a full life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. We are continually evolving support services to meet the needs of our diverse residents as they age.
2Life Communities owns and operates over 1,300 units of affordable rental housing located within six campuses in metropolitan Boston. With another 210 apartments under construction and more in planning, we expect to add another 600-700 units within the next several years as we complete projects in active planning and construction phases.
BENEFITS AND MORE
We offer a very rich benefit plan which for individuals adds 27% on top of the base pay and over 30% for employee +1 and families. Our rewards program includes but not limited to:
- Robust medical and dental plan
- Employer-paid life and AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- 2 floating holidays
- Pet insurance
- And more!
The above statements intend to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to do this job. The above does not intend to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
We desire to build and cultivate an inclusive environment that brings together a diverse workforce with unique experiences, backgrounds, talents, and perspectives.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.