34 Washington Street
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: Office Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
B’nai B’rith Housing (BBH) is a regional nonprofit affordable housing developer whose mission is to ease the housing crisis in the Greater Boston area. We work with cities and towns to produce high-quality housing that responds to the needs of the community and creates homes for people otherwise left behind by the current market. Our housing, both rental and home ownership, is for families and older adults, regardless of religion or background and we are proud that more than a dozen ethnicities and immigrant communities are represented in the housing we have created. We believe that affordable housing is about strengthening neighborhoods, supporting economic growth, creating thriving cities, and giving every individual the opportunity to share in our area’s economic prosperity. Our work, though non-sectarian, is grounded in the Jewish tradition of tikkun olam (repairing the world) and chesed (love and kindness between people) and these values guide our work every day.
The OFFICE MANAGER is a critical position for B’nai B’rith Housing and will support the COO and staff (4 full-time, 2 part-time) by managing the office, creating and implementing systems and processes to improve efficiency, and bringing the organizational structure of the operation to a new level. This position has room for upward mobility and the potential for additional responsibility in the coming years.
Office Management (50%)
- In conjunction with other staff, lead the development, coordination and implementation of most office systems and protocols.
- Manage the operations budget - including the ordering of equipment and supplies - with a keen eye toward fiscal responsibility.
- Maintain coding and financial systems to keep the organization ‘audit ready’ and support the bookkeeper.
- Cultivate and sustain excellent relationships with vendors.
- Oversee the physical plant of the office, including renovations, space management, etc.,
- Manage the maintenance of equipment and supplies and the efficient functioning of office technology including computers, printers, fax machine and phone system with collaboration and support from vendors when necessary.
Executive and Project Management Support (30%)
- Provide superior support to the COO by functioning as a gatekeeper with independent decision making around calendar management and essential day-to-day support.
- Deliver high-quality administrative support to the Board and staff, at the direction of the COO.
- Oversee a variety of administrative and operational needs in order to support the building project managers with requisitions, vendor tracking, and billing.
- Coordinate and compile financing packages and mailings.
Communications Support (20%)
- Ensure accuracy with the CRM database; properly enter all gifts and run basic reports as needed.
- Run CRM reports, support facilitation of donor mailings and acknowledgement for all gifts received.
- Assist with networking/community events including but not limited to ribbon cuttings, panels, webinars, and more.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of marketing and communications materials (print and electronic) on many platforms including Constant Contact, e-news, social media, etc.
- Responsible for implementation of website updates.
- Provide additional support to assist coworkers and help with special projects including building a story bank to demonstrate organizational impact, the development of a new website, and much more.
- High energy, a real desire to learn, advanced problem solving skills, and the ability to get things done.
- Very comfortable with technology and learning new programs required to run the organization. You will have service contractors at your disposal but the Office Manager is the person that staff will lean on for expertise, trouble shooting and recommendations.
- Excellent Microsoft Office computing skills with proficiency in Excel and Word including mail merge functions.
- Knowledge of basic budgeting best practices.
- Excellent working knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM databases and running reports.
- Minimum 2-3 years of related work experience.
- Able to take initiative and set priorities.
- Able to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- A great sense of humor and a commitment to being part of a team.
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Commitment to our mission and our values of Integrity, Quality and Community.
- A valid driver’s license and have access to an automobile and/or public transportation for offsite work related meetings.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment. Reasonable accommodations may be considered in accordance with the law.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Full-time, exempt position. We believe in work-life balance, and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with the true hours worked.
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- 21 days of PTO, 10 paid holidays, and a family-friendly schedule.
- B’nai B’rith Housing does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status. We are committed to providing a welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers and others engaged with us in our work.
OUR HIRING PROCESS & TIMELINE
- Send your resume with a cover letter telling us about a system you created or refined at a past position that improved efficiency or solved an organizational problem. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. Send materials to: email@example.com.
- We will begin scheduling short phone interviews in September to be followed by in-person interviews.
- We would like to have the selected candidate start in October. However, we will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.