90 Longwood Avenue
OCCUPANCY SPECIALIST-BROOKLINE HOUSING AUTHORITY
The Brookline Housing Authority (BHA) is a high-performing, mid-sized Public Housing Authority. The BHA is seeking a Occupancy Specialist to perform various duties related to: the Section 8 Voucher, Public Housing and Low Income Housing Tax Credit programs, wait lists management, applicant selection, eligibility and landlord-participant relations for a total portfolio of more than 1,100 Section 8 vouchers and 800 state and federal public housing units. This position will be an addition to a three-member Admissions Department.
Job Duties Include:
- Assist prospective residents with the application process; provide support by briefing prospective residents with BHA selection and eligibility criteria and outline the responsibilities of applicants.
- Prepare documentation for occupancy, eligibility, and rental process; prepare notices to applicants for changes of status for the Section 8 and Public Housing Programs.
- Prepare correspondence to agencies and businesses to verify applicant data, including total household income, assets, and household composition; verify applicant information as required; prepare information for input into data systems and obtain output reports as required.
- Responsible for application intake, selection and qualification of elderly and disabled applicants for public housing and RAD developments.
- Responsible for applicant preference screening for the Section 8 Voucher Program. Periodically will qualify, brief and issue rental vouchers to applicants.
- Provide support to the BHA Director and Assistant Director of Admissions.
- Experience conducting state (MRVP), federal (HCV) and LIHTC eligibility certifications.
- Capacity to maintain strong, positive working relationships with BHA colleagues, applicants, residents, participants, and regulators.
- Strong organizational, and written and verbal communication skills. Detail oriented, precise in calculations.
- Proficiency in computer applications, rental assistance software, Word, Excel.
- High school diploma or GED required, and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in performing clerical or client intake work in the field of public housing, affordable housing and/or rental voucher programs. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter detailing your qualifications along with a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or letters. Deadline: Friday, March 5, 2021, 4:00 PM. Full job description at www.brooklinehousing.org.
The BHA offers a competitive salary and strong benefits package, including state GIC health insurance and a defined-benefit pension. This is a union position.
The BHA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action, Section 3 employer. Females, LGBTQ individuals, minorities, veterans, Section 3 qualifying individuals, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.