536 Granite Street
Peabody Properties seeks an experienced Occupancy Specialist to join it's team at an apartment community located in Boston, MA. The Occupancy Specialist is responsible for the recertification process at the property and is required to know about all aspects of recertifications, program compliance, and resident relations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to processing and collecting resident information including 3rd party verification, determining eligibility for continued occupancy, processing interim certifications as needed, ensuring proper calculation of income, assets and rent levels. LIHTC and Project-Based Section 8 experience needed. COS certification a plus. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Requirements of the Position:
- 2+ years’ experience in property management
- Knowledge of: Affordable Housing, LIHTC, Federal, State and Local Housing regulations
- Demonstrated ability to complete recertifications accurately and within an established time frame
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Good organizational skills
- Proficient understanding of basic math concepts
- Solid computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to take initiative and be self-motivated
- Experience in One Site
- If needed, provides assistance and/or coverage at other sister sites within the company portfolio.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by your Supervisor/Regional Manager or other Senior Staff to facilitate effective site operations.
- Ability to take initiative and be self-motivated.
- Excellent customer service skills a must.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish, English/Creole
Education and Experience:
Requires High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of 2-3 years property management hands-on experience managing the recertification process. Also, extensive knowledge of primary software used by the Management Office, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Compensation and Benefits:
Peabody Properties, Inc. offers competitive pay along with a rich benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, medical, dental, 401(k), STD, life insurance, Employee Assistance Programs (EAP), paid time off, paid holidays, paid training, tuition reimbursement, wellness programs, employee referral bonuses, and flex spending.
Peabody Properties, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workforce diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. If you require a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail our Talent Acquisition Manager and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment.
Please use link below to apply