197 Friend Street
GBLS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Accessible Employer and strives to ensure that our staff members reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
GBLS seeks an energetic, self-motivated candidate to join the IT team to design, implement, and support all aspects of our computer and VOIP network. This is an on-site position in our Boston office. Using best practices to ensure a secure and reliable network, the ideal candidate has expert knowledge of networking concepts and technologies and 3-5 or more years of hands-on experience designing and implementing networks with Microsoft technologies including Windows Server 2016/2019, Exchange, Azure, Office 365, System Center, Security, EMS and end user solutions, data backup systems including SAN architecture and cloud backup services.
In addition to the technical skills, the ideal candidate has experience leading and implementing short- and long-term projects, has excellent written and verbal communications skills, is comfortable working as a team in a diverse work environment and has passion and pride in their work.
The Network Engineer reports to the IT Director and joins the IT team that includes the Help Desk Specialist and the Information Management Specialist. The main duties and responsibilities of the Network Engineer will include but are not limited to:
- Configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of all LAN and wireless network equipment including servers (both on-premise and virtual), switches, wireless devices, printers, and basic Telecom equipment
- Administration and support of enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange infrastructure, Office 365 and SharePoint environment
- Maintenance of automated GBLS Active Directory user account creation, integrated with LegalServer case management system
- System Center Desktop/laptop/tablet imaging
- Data backup and recovery planning and implementation
- Virus and network security planning and implementation including client configuration
- Planning and troubleshooting network traffic and connectivity issues
- Hands-on troubleshooting, configuring and servicing all voice and data hardware including but not limited to the following database and business software applications: O365 including fast-growing SharePoint and OneDrive environment, LegalServer, ADP, Raisers Edge, building security system, TPX VOIP phone system
- Research and recommend hardware and software to maintain network performance and stability
- Print/Scan support
- Helpdesk Level II support
- Maintaining Network Documentation
- Licensing and Vendor Relations
- Maintenance of hosting services for GBLS public website
Job Knowledge, Experience and Preferred Skills:
- 3-5 or more years of hands-on experience
- Expert knowledge of networking concepts and protocols - WINS, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft O365 including the configuration and migration from on-premise server file storage to SharePoint and OneDrive
- Strong knowledge and experience with PowerShell and scripting
- Interface directly with the end users, project team and 3rd party to provide support
- Undertake knowledge transfer to support teams
- Strong verbal communication skills -
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong sense of duty, responsibility, discipline and attention to detail
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
GBLS offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package, retirement contribution, and generous PTO leave.
GBLS encourages applicants from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
Candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume via e-mail to email@example.com. Please refer to Job Code: NE-IT when applying for this position. Deadline is May 1, 2021, or until position is filled.