2 Oliver Street
About the Opportunity: POAH is seeking to fill the newly created position of Manager, Recruitment and Workplace Experiences (MRWE) working from its Boston corporate office. The MRWE will be responsible for developing and implementing POAH’s recruitment and staff development efforts, with a significant focus on advancing the company’s goal of fostering a more diverse and inclusive workplace. The small size of our company will allow the MRWE to have a greater impact on the company’s success while working side-by-side with our leaders.
The MRWE will report to POAH’s VP of Human Resources and will oversee and support relevant efforts by staff and teams across the company. The ideal candidate is someone who has worked to support a DEI-related department or executive and is ready to take on a position with leadership responsibilities. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support to POAH’s standing DEI Working Group. Facilitate agenda development, schedule meetings, track follow-ups and coordinate regular reporting.
- Develop, implement, coordinate and track programs and policies based on initiatives and related framework developed by the DEI Working Group.
- Actively build diverse recruiting pipelines for POAH departments including the building and maintenance of relationships within HBCUs, professional affinity groups and other diverse groups.
Recruitment & Hiring
- Maintain updated resources identifying POAH best practices for recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding. Support hiring managers to employ best practices and provide regular guidance.
- Support hiring managers by assisting with job post development; post job opportunities at various jobs boards; develop outreach/recruitment strategy; review job applications and perform initial candidate phone screenings; refer qualified applicants to hiring managers for further consideration. Review selection criteria to verify they are objective and strictly job-related.
- Assist hiring managers with targeted outreach and recruitment for specific new hires.
- Represent POAH at various career events, job fairs.
Training & Development
- Develop, coordinate and/or assist with the delivery or of training curriculum for Supervisors and All Staff, including training opportunities, professional development benefits/reimbursement program, diversity/inclusion and support for departmental/on-the-job training.
- Design, implement and support new internal mentorship program (onboarding/connections for newer employees; supportive culture for diverse hires).
- Develop a POAH internship program to build potential new diverse staff pipeline and support industry development.
- Organize trainings and other opportunities to boost cultural awareness, inclusion and teambuilding among employees.
- Take ownership for areas of responsibility and share information, perspective and expertise with colleagues.
- Help to foster a culture of inclusion and support for those we serve.
- Continue with your professional education and focus area involvement to ensure that POAH is using best practices and work to ensure that POAH operates in compliance with all applicable regulations and law. Pay particular attention to honing skills relative to recruitment, employee development and inclusion.
- Display sound judgment, the ability to act when opportunities arise, demonstrate a willingness to share knowledge to build the organization’s depth of expertise and provide recommendations as the organization continues to grow.
- Demonstrate DEI-related expertise, analytical ability, financial acumen, personal energy, ability to multi-task, excellent communication skills and an ability to successfully interface with all types of people. Build networks, collaborate and solve problems.
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, life and short/long term disability insurance, paid time off and a 401k retirement plan with company match component.
Applicants must include cover letter and resume.
For additional information on POAH, please visit www.poah.org
POAH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.