Peabody Properties seeks an experienced Maintenance Technician to join its team of property management professionals at apartment communities in Salem, MA. The Maintenance Technician’s role requires effective and careful evaluation in response to a broad range of maintenance needs to assist the Service Manager with the efficient operation of property. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following areas of routine, preventative and emergency maintenance:
- Appliance Repair
- Locks & Keys
- Basic Carpentry
- Painting and Drywall Repair
- Janitorial, Grounds and Snow Removal
Requirements of the Position:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal;
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter;
- Excellent customer service skills a must.
- Prior experience in the facilities maintenance field;
- On-call coverage for emergencies after hours, weekends and holidays;
- Ability to respond and remedy maintenance issues in a timely manner.
- Reliable vehicle needed to perform essential duties of the position.
Education and Experience:
Requires High School Diploma or GED, as well as a valid driver’s license. Prior experience in the facilities maintenance field with a minimum of 3 year’s related job experience with basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and overseeing capital improvement projects.
Compensation and Benefits:
Peabody Properties offers competitive pay along with a rich benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, medical, dental, 401(k), STD, life insurance, Employee Assistance Programs (EAP), paid time off, paid holidays, paid training, tuition reimbursement, wellness programs, employee referral bonuses, and flex spending.
Peabody Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workforce diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. If you require a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail our Talent Acquisition Manager and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment.