75 Kneeland Street
LISC Boston seeks an individual with a passion for strengthening communities to join its team as a Program Officer. This position will work on building energy as well as family income and wealth building related activities at LISC Boston, including the following current areas of concentration, which will evolve with our strategic direction.
- Building Energy. The selected candidate will work with the Senior Program Officer for Green Homes to catalyze and support the energy efficiency and clean energy transition in affordable housing. Together with diverse partners, the PO will assess available services and programs, identify gaps in the building energy ecosystem (e.g. technical assistance, financing, and access to good paying green building related jobs), and propose and advance policy and program solutions. This role includes the day-to-day management of LISC Boston’s Comprehensive Energy Audit Program, its Resilient Affordable Housing Grants, and the Energy Cohort (a peer learning group).
- Family Income and Wealth Building. This Program Officer will also work with the Senior Program Officer for Green Homes to further LISC Boston’s individual and family economic opportunity strategies. This role includes the oversight of LISC partners operating Financial Opportunity Centers (FOCs) and Bridges to Career Opportunities (BCO) programs in Massachusetts, and may include supporting development and expansion of an equitable green building jobs pipeline.
- Boston Builds Credit. Additionally, this Program Officer will support LISC Boston’s participation, with the City of Boston and the United Way, in Boston Builds Credit, a population-based strategy focused on helping 25,000 Bostonians achieve prime credit scores and their financial goals. This role includes supporting efforts related to credit building and wealth building for residents of affordable housing.
The selected candidate will manage consultants, and will work on special projects and other initiatives as assigned. The Program Officer should be adept at developing and maintaining effective relationships with funders, partners, community members, and other stakeholders. They should be prepared to facilitate or provide technical assistance and training; organizing and community engagement; as well as working with other stakeholders to achieve objectives. This Program Officer will be a part of LISC Boston’s overall efforts to invest in strengthening underinvested communities and will work closely with the rest of the LISC Boston team. Knowledge of, and effective relationships within, the Massachusetts affordable housing, energy efficiency and clean energy, financial empowerment, workforce development, philanthropic, and/or community development fields will be valued.
We invite candidates to apply who have experience working with diverse populations and who possess general expertise in community development, and/or specific expertise in building energy and resiliency, workforce development, and program management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience in affordable housing development/management, energy efficiency/clean energy technology/building science, financial empowerment, workforce development, community development, and/or related disciplines.
- Related work experience and knowledge of green building and sustainable development strategies, standards, and policies.
- Experience in grant writing and policy analysis.
- Demonstrable commitment to community development, economic empowerment, income equality, racial equity, and/or social justice.
- Ability to balance creativity and innovation with outcomes-based program evaluation, data management, and reporting.
- Demonstrated success working with a variety of community, public, and private actors to design and implement effective, scalable, sustainable strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex matters and programs at various stages and coordinate with multiple internal and external parties to meet deadlines and achieve objectives.
- Excellent communication, research, analysis, relationship, and team building skills.
Please send cover letter and resume: email@example.com