1620 Massachusetts Ave.
Reports to: LexHAB Board of Directors
FLSA Status: Exempt
Under the general supervision of the LexHAB Board, an agency of the Town of Lexington, the director will provide the day to day administration of LexHAB, including the planning, organizing, staffing, direction and control of LexHAB. This position is expected to be part time
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interprets, implements and administers all policies and procedures of LexHAB as well as all applicable federal and state housing regulations.
- Reviews, for clarity and soundness, and approves all correspondence, notices and directives relating to policies issued by the Board.
- Represents the Board and maintains liaison with regulatory agencies, local officials and community based organizations, interpreting and explaining the Board’s policies, programs and services, needs and other matters of mutual interest. Assists in preparation of neighborhood meeting
- Reviews, approves and implements regulations and directives from governmental and regulatory agencies and responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Acts as the Board’s Contracting Officer, receiving bids for Board approval, executing contracts for work by others and monitoring work in progress for compliance with contractual provisions.
- Acts as the Board’s Personnel Officer, ensuring that all personnel policies, procedures, job descriptions and general practices conform to all applicable state and federal laws. Assists the Board in evaluation of personnel.
- Assists Board in preparation of funding requests
- Attends and participates the meetings of the Board
- Prepares and administers LexHAB’s annual budget, supervising the management and control of the agency’s payables, receivables, cash and assets associated with operating contracts, insurance administration and all internal and external financial operations.
- Coordinates LexHAB’s work activities with other Town and/or state departments or agencies in order to prevent delays in required actions or to improve services to residents.
- Provides general oversight of the selection of tenants, the execution and enforcement of leases, and the collection of rents.
- Tracks tenant delinquencies as to rent and any other violations of rental terms; oversees preliminary (stage 1) notices to violators; and assists the Board and the LexHAB attorney in preparation and serving of subsequent (stage 2 and following) notices leading to eviction.
- Supervises the purchase of equipment, materials and labor to meet the standards of good and proper maintenance.
Development of New Properties
- Provides necessary direction and management of development of new projects including application to DHCD, application for comprehensive permit, request for design and construction services and administration of construction
- Provides cost estimates at various stages of development projects for the use and edification of the Board
- Ensure in connection with developments that neighbors are informed and given opportunity to ask questions and make suggestions; arrange for meetings with neighbors and assist the Board in preparation of same.
- Performs other such duties as may be assigned by the Board
Supervises all LexHAB employees.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
NEED EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE HERE
- Eight (8) years of experience in housing management, community development, public administration or a closely related field; or six (6) years of the above experience in addition to a Bachelor’s Degree
- Five (5) years of experience in a highly responsible management position in an affordable housing program or other similar experience.
ADVANCED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, theories and methods of executive level management.
- Substantial background in the implementation of management controls and systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of local, state and federal regulations and procedures as they relate to housing development, construction and the management of local housing authority options.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Experience in budgeting, personnel management and public relations.
- Working knowledge of fiscal management and property and housing maintenance.
- Specific skills in Excel, Word or related software applications
- Provide management consultation, guidance and advice on a broad range of public housing programs.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, community leaders and regulatory agency administrators.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the issues and concerns of resident groups and the needs of special interest groups.
- Prepare and issue clear and concise instructions, both verbally and in writing.
- Research and gather essential data relating to housing, management and maintenance issues.
- Understand blueprints, engineering drawings and technical documents.
- Determine appearance and conditions of all units owned and managed by the Board.