1620 Massachusetts Ave.
The Lexington Housing Assistance Board (LexHAB) is seeking to hire an experienced individual to administer its rental properties. LexHAB currently owns 69 units that are rented to low to moderate income individuals and families. The position will require daily involvement and attendance at occasional early morning meetings.
General Purpose and Role
Individual will be responsible for overall administration of LexHAB office and properties, coordination of maintenance and delivery of services, bookkeeping/accounting for public funds and maintaining tenant relationships. He/She will be appointed by and responsible to LexHAB.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the efficient and effective day-to-day administration of the LexHAB office and all LexHAB properties.
- Anticipation of service needs and coordination of delivery of the full range of maintenance requirements and services. Establish timetables, organize work operations, measure results, and identify improvements. Ensure that programs and services are developed and implemented in a cost-effective manner.
- Reception and response to requests, complaints and needs of tenants in accordance with LexHAB policies and procedures. Be available to discuss housing related issues and concerns with tenants
- Maintenance of financial records and, with the approval of the LexHAB treasurer and/or chair, pay all bills
- Coordination of applications for units and maintenance of applicant files. Arranging of applicant interviews with LexHAB members.
- Must listen well and communicate effectively with all tenants, potential tenants, vendors, LexHAB members and the public.
- Interaction with the Lexington Housing Authority, the Lexington Housing Partnership and the Town of Lexington Planning Department as necessary.
- Keeping LexHAB chair and Board informed of daily activities.
- Preparation for, attendance and assistance in the conduct of all Board meetings. Taking and publishing of detailed minutes of meetings.
- Administration of the rental process to include preparation of documentation for interviews and selection of prospective tenants.
- Performance of such other duties as may be required.
- Experience with administration of real property facilities
- Ethical principles of personal and professional conduct
- Familiarity with Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations pertaining to low & moderate income housing
- Microsoft Office, QuickBooks and property management software
- Community Preservation Act
- Massachusetts State Housing Inventory
Candidate is Expected to be Able to:
- Listen well and communicate effectively with all tenants, vendors and the public.
- Work in a collaborative manner and manage conflict
- Be proactive in the operation, service and activity of all LexHAB programs efficiently and effectively
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Five years of successful administrative and supervisory experience predominantly in property management preferred.
- Location: Lexington
- Compensation: $25 to 30/hr
- This is a part-time position.
- This is at a non-profit organization.