90 Longwood Avenue
LEASED HOUSING MANAGER-BROOKLINE HOUSING AUTHORITY
The Brookline Housing Authority (BHA) is a high-performing, mid-sized Public Housing Authority that seeks a Leased Housing Manager to perform various duties related to Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program admissions, voucher issuance, continued eligibility and landlord-participant relations for a total portfolio of more than 1,100 Section 8 vouchers. This position will be an addition to a three-member leased housing department.
Job Duties Include:
- Process HCV income certifications and re-certifications as assigned.
- Conduct orientation for new voucher holders; ensure that proper documents are completed for new participants.
- Verify income and family composition for continued eligibility for program participants and document files in accordance with federal requirements and BHA’s Section 8 administrative policies.
- Provide support to Director and Asst. Director of Leased Housing.
- Experience conducting state (MRVP) and federal (HCV) rent certifications.
- Capacity to maintain strong, positive working relationships with BHA colleagues, residents, participants, and regulators.
- Strong organizational, and written and verbal communication skills. Detail oriented, precise in calculations.
- Proficiency in computer applications, rental assistance software, Word, Excel.
- Associate degree in business or public administration, or related field and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in income certification/recertification and tax credit certification/recertification. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter detailing your qualifications along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or letters. Deadline: Friday, March 5, 2021, 4:00 PM. Full job description at www.brooklinehousing.org.
The BHA offers a competitive salary and strong benefits package, including state GIC health insurance and a defined-benefit pension. This is a union position.
The BHA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action, Section 3 employer. Females, LGBTQ individuals, minorities, veterans, Section 3 qualifying individuals, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.