550 Dudley Street
Reporting to the Director of Housing Services, the Landlord Liaison will be responsible for overseeing the administration of the Landlord Network Program providing workshops, connections to resources, and other supports to community small landlords. In addition, the Landlord Liaison will collaborate with other housing staff to create a pool of potential units for participants of various housing programs throughout the agency. This is a part-time position.
- Provide oversight and coordination of the Landlord Network.
- Work to develop a network of landlords and other housing resources in various communities;
- Coordinate connection to rental assistance on behalf of tenants of Landlord’s property experiencing risk of housing instability due to inability to pay rent
- Develop a workshop curriculum
- Collect and compile data on participant demographics.
- Use data to inform workshop topic, needed outreach, and needed supports, and recruitment strategies.
- Perform outreach to landlords in the Dudley neighborhood to recruit small landlords for the network.
- Prepare and submit regular reports as needed;
- Refer/Connect Landlord to financial assistance resources for which they are eligible, including internal mitigation dollars and funds from external sources.
- Maintain good communication with the Director of Housing Services and Learning and Evaluation Team.
- Collaborate with Housing Department staff to match potential landlords to potential tenants.
- Build and maintain relationships with community organizing groups (i.e., DSNI, City Life)
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of services, programs, and resources offered to landlords in the Boston Community various.
- Document program outcomes.
- Attend Housing Department staff meetings at Project Hope, all Project Hope staff meetings, and other trainings and events held at Project Hope;
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor;
- Five years of housing search experience and/or community organizing experience required;
- Workshop/Meeting facilitation experience.
- Familiarity with data entry systems, preferably ETO
- A strong ability to keep work organized;
- An ability to work closely with a team of direct service staff, as well as an ability to work with a diverse group of people;
- A demonstrated ability to work independently;
- Strong problem-solving skills, patience, and perseverance;
- Good math, verbal and written communication skills;
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs required;
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Peggy Comfrey, firstname.lastname@example.org