4 Gerrish Ave
Human Resources Generalist
Opportunity Communities, LLC (OppCo) was created as a fresh and innovative business model that solves a fundamental structural challenge: retaining local control of resources and assets that are continually reinvested back into the community, while benefiting from the efficiency and effectiveness of a larger scale entity.
At OppCo, human resources (HR) is focused on understanding what our employees and members need and knowing how to provide it. If you’re a people-person with fantastic analytical, organizational, and conflict-management skills, we want you to join our team. We’re in search of a resourceful HR generalist to support our HR department in ensuring smooth and efficient business operations for our internal teams and members. The HR generalist manages operational and administrative tasks, helping us to plan and administer important functions, such as staffing, training and development, and compensation and benefits.
For now, this position is a remote position, with socially distanced access to the office if desired. As pandemic conditions change, we anticipate a flexible return to our beautiful office.
- Assist in developing and executing employee policies and procedures, providing guidance and interpretation for internal and external business operations
- Participate in development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements
- Assist in administering the Employee Life Cycle beginning from the recruitment process and candidate selection to onboarding, training and development and the facilitation of separation letters and exit interviews.
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
- Assist with all internal and external HR-related matters.
- Recommend strategies to motivate employees and members.
- Manage the administrative process of recruitment by placing job ads, identifying candidates, coordinating interviews, managing communications, conducting reference checks, and issuing authorized employment agreements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resources files, records, and documentation including employee files and benefit plans participation, applicant logs and resumes.
- Assist with investigating complaints brought forward by employees or members.
- Assist in the development and coordination of employee development plans and performance management.
- Perform periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate smooth new hire onboarding process using the Insperity HRIS and other tools, in coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees and members in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters; refer more complex questions to appropriate senior HR or Management.
- Be the primary backup to Insperity Payroll Team for payroll processing, including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing live checks.
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and related documents.
- Assist with planning and execution of special events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of human resource management or coordinator/specialist experience
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR policies and procedures
- Knowledge of MS Office, Insperity HRIS, and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
- HRCI-PHR/SHRM-CP a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or a related field
- Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
- Knowledge of HR federal and state laws and regulations
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Attentive and honest
This is a generally sedentary job by nature. Requires being able to sit at a desk and use a computer and phone for significant portions of the day.
Opportunity Communities (OppCo) provides all administrative and operational infrastructure for TND. OppCo, and members Nuestra Comunidad and TND, are equal opportunity organizations. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Submit your cover letter and resume to the following link: https://www.tfaforms.com/4727949