Bay Cove Human Services
66 Canal St
- Develop and operate innovative and flexible services that preserve tenancy and prevent homelessness for vulnerable often poor tenants in affordable housing.
- Work with the Boston based team to provide services to tenants with Housing Court cases or other housing risk.
- Work directly with clients referred by Housing Court, Housing Authorities and Providers and Legal Services.
- Provide assessment, service plan development, and effective crisis intervention for families with disabilities who have a nexus between the lease violation(s) and impairment(s)
- Degree in social work or a related human service field or equivalent experience.
- Professional license, Master’s degree, and/bilingual preferred.
- Well-developed clinical, assessment, crisis intervention, case management, client advocacy and organizational skills Demonstrated ability to work effectively with poor and treatment resistant or treatment unresponsive adults and families in a respectful manner that fosters engagement, hope, and tenancy retention.
- 5 years experience working with homeless or formerly homeless individuals or equivalent experience preferred, demonstrated leadership experience preferred.
- Excellent computer, writing and oral communication skills.
- MA driver’s license and use of personal vehicle for work related tasks and travel.