56 Warren St, Suite 200
Job Title: Housing Stabilization Coordinator
Nuestra Comunidad is a partner in Opportunity Communities LLC (OppCo), bringing together committed development organizations for more effective impacts. Nuestra and the other OppCo partners provide stable homes within great neighborhoods, which serve as a foundation for thriving families and individuals. Our homes and neighborhoods promote healthy families as well as work, economic, and educational success. Nuestra Comunidad’s Housing Resource Services (“HRS”) Program provides housing advocacy to low- and moderate-income residents of Boston to help them secure or retain affordable housing suitable to their individual needs. The HRS Program provides emergency housing services to Boston families and individuals displaced by fire, flood, condemnation, eviction, and other unexpected crisis situations. The HRS Program also provides housing stabilization services for homeless and at-risk elders and persons with disabilities.
Position Summary Description
The Housing Stabilization Coordinator will work one-on-one with clients requiring housing relocation and housing stabilization services. This position reports directly to the Housing Resources Services Program Manager. The Housing Stabilization Coordinator is part of a team dedicated to homelessness prevention and enhancement of quality of living for low-and-moderate-income residents of Boston.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Provided one-one housing counseling, information and referral for clients facing housing challenges; these challenges include but are not limited to individuals who need temporary to permanent housing due to a displacement by fire, flood, condemnation, evection, etc.
- Maintain client files including documentation of household income and Boston residency;
- Produce program reports as required by the funders
- Conduct need assessment by previewing client financial information, housing history, and service needs to determine a range of solutions for the client to consider in forming his/her housing search strategy.
- Stablish and maintain relationships with housing providers including Boston Housing Authority, other public housing authorities, Metro Housing Boston, private property management companies, landlords, realty agencies, and local social service agencies.
- Provide housing search, and placement services, identify housing options, and assist with the housing application and interview process.
- Assist Program Manager with relocation and stabilization services
- Accompany clients to Boston Housing Courts as needed(temporary remotely due to pandemic), coordinate legal services, and provide support with court process and mediation in evection cases.
- Assist clients with the appeal process in cases of termination of rental subsidy
- Maintain accurate records and files as required by City of Boston and other funders, in and out of Salesforce database
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends for emergency housing cases.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Program Manger
Work Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication and client management skills
- Possess a strong knowledge of emergency housing assistance and eviction prevention programs, tenant rights and responsibilities, and housing and social service networks
- Understanding of government rental assistance programs.
- Prior experience with low- and moderate-income tenants, housing counseling/housing search
- HUD housing counseling certification, or commitment to obtain certification by August 1, 2021
- Experience in working with clients with trauma and addiction issues desirable
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment; multi-lingual and bi-cultural preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively and to prioritize work and time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of residents
- Strong computer skills (comfortable using the following, or similar tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Zoom, DropBox and Salesforce)
- Preferred fluent in English and Spanish, or another second language (both written and verbal)
- Attending various meetings or trainings
- Complying with departmental policies, paperwork requirements, communication follow up etc.
The position involves sitting, standing, lifting, looking at a computer screen, phone work etc. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Opportunity Communities, and members Nuestra Comunidad, are equal opportunity organizations. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Submit your cover letter and resume to the following link: https://www.tfaforms.com/4727949