75 Amory Street
The Housing Stabilizatio Advocate reports to the Residential Coordinator. To provide services and support for HIV+ persons, including coordinating and delivering services to individuals and families moving into and living in scattered-site housing programs.
- Provide acuity based case management and housing search services for clients in supportive housing. Conduct assessments and reassessments and develop client centered service plans based on assessed needs and assist clients in accessing independent housing, as applicable.
- Provide clients with easily accessible, low-threshold, and trauma-informed services that operate within the harm reduction framework and assist clients in overcoming other barriers to service delivery and health care access. This includes assisting clients with accessing support services on a walk-in, scheduled, and as-needed basis.
- Develop a wide-ranging resource network for the people living with HIV in the Greater Boston area. Provide coordination, linkage and follow-up with existing service programs to maximize access to services, especially for those that are experiencing homelessness substance users, recent immigrants and/or people of color.
- Facilitate case coordination including communicating with other providers to improve access to care and reduce duplication of services and maintain communication with relevant providers and family members, as needed and with client consent. Act as a liaison between residents and landlords, property management companies, and local housing authorities.
- Facilitate access to resources that will assist clients in optimizing health outcome and moving towards self-sufficiency, including medical, housing, financial, mental health, substance use, sexual health, legal, vocational and educational services.
- Provide assistance to clients during all phases of subsidized housing application process, including completing housing applications, accompanying clients to housing related appointments and appeals, and following up on the status of submitted client applications. Assist clients with all aspects of eviction prevention and accompany clients to court and appeal hearings, as needed. Assist clients with housing search for mobile vouchers or other affordable housing opportunities based on client’s needs. Assist clients with housing stabilization services, recertification process, and accessing funding and benefit sources.
- Act as a liaison between clients, property management companies, medical personnel, AIDS Action staff, volunteers and families; navigate and identify different components of a client’s support system at large.
- Identify and research available apartment listings in the Greater Boston and North Shore areas that fall within program funding requirements and build working relationships with property owners that enhance the housing programs.
- Maintain up-to-date client records including assessments, individual service plans, progress notes, clinical indicators, all other required paperwork, and electronic submission of client data in AAC’s electronic database, ETO.
- Attend and participate in scheduled program, department, agency and collaborator meetings, supervision, and trainings.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BA or equivalent or two years human services and/or case management experience.
- Bilingual in Cape Verdean Creole or Portuguese preferred.
- Experience working within the harm reduction framework.
- Experience working with the provision of HIV services and with issues related to substance use, homelessness, mental health, and bi-lingual/bi-cultural communities.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license preferred.
We offer competitive salaries, and for those who qualify, an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide 11 paid holidays, paid vacation, and more.
LGBTQ-identified persons, people of color, and others from historically underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please complete the ONLINE APPLICATION. You will be asked to submit a cover letter and a resume.