66 Canal St
Bay Cove Human Services, Inc., a leading Massachusetts human services organization seeks a Housing Specialist to join us in our mission to provide high-quality services to adults who face the life-long challenges of developmental disabilities, mental illness and drug and alcohol dependency.
The Housing Specialist is mission driven, with exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills who will assist clients to obtain affordable, safe/decent, and permanent housing of their choice by assessing eligibility, conducting housing searches, assisting with applications for the opportunities for which they are eligible and following up on applications submitted.
We are looking for someone who strives to:
- Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
- Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients, landlords, property management companies, and housing authority staff to facilitate housing searches and to resolve potential tenancy issues.
- Assist in creating and maintaining a collection of housing resources for clients.
- Participate in and contribute to daily organizational meetings and treatment planning meetings.
- Provide crisis assessment, prevention, and needed intervention.
- Contribute to the overall functioning of the team by sharing in the administrative responsibilities of shift management, weekend coverage, and on-call coverage on a rotating basis as assigned.
- Complete all required documentation and outcomes reporting.
What you will need to bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a related area.
- Two years’ of experience working with individuals diagnosed with severe and persistent mental health issues or similar human service needs.
- Housing experience preferred.
- Professional writing and verbal communications skills.
- High degree of personal organization, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in word processing and other computer functions using Windows, Word, and Google Email and Apps.
- Use of personal cellular telephone for work communication.
- Ability to climb stairs and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Valid driver's license and use of one’s personal vehicle.
Keywords: healthcare, human services, mental health, psychiatric disabilities, rehabilitation, recovery, crisis counseling, direct care, goal planning, job coaching, self-sufficiency, behavioral health, property management, housing, tenancy, landlord, lease, renting, rental, social work, psychology, Case Manager, PACT, Housing Support, Housing Resources.