155 Merrimack Street
Housing Search Specialist
Are you interested in a position that will make a difference in your life and the lives of others? Community Teamwork is a private non-profit organization with over 500 employees dedicated to reducing barriers and creating opportunities for low income individuals and families.
In addition to fully utilizing your skills, Community Teamwork offers opportunities for continued professional development and career growth. Great teams, a competitive salary and well above average benefits including a generous contribution to employee 401k plans make Community Teamwork a highly regarded employer.
We are seeking a Housing Search Specialist who will be responsible for facilitating the coordination of re-housing services within CTI programs. The Housing Search Specialist will facilitate on-going communication between the client, housing authorities, property owners, community programs and partners to increase housing opportunities for clients through outreach to housing providers and the development of community partnerships. Responsibilities include: facilitate housing search and provide one on one housing search assistance with clients; work with assigned families and individuals on housing search activities including providing advocacy and negotiation with property owners on behalf of clients; work to identify new affordable housing stock through cultivating and maintaining relationships with property owners, housing authorities and other community organizations; and identify apartments for client placement that meet safety and health standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate’s Degree in Human Service field preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience doing assessments, advocacy, and case management work in a human service field required.
- Strong knowledge of housing search techniques.
- Experience working with low-income, culturally diverse, and at-risk families.
- Knowledge of community resources available to low-income individuals and families.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in basic computer software and data collection.
- Excellent crisis management skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish, English/Khmer, English/Portuguese) preferred.
- Driver’s license with good driving record.
CTI offers a comprehensive benefits package including, Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Tuition Reimbursement and a 5% contribution to your 401K, 11 paid Holidays, 4 weeks of Paid Time Off, paid sick leave and much more.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Community Teamwork is a drug free work environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of an innovative, outcome focused team in an organization committed to excellence.