800 Boylston Street
The Housing & Community Investment (HCI) internship will focus primarily on assisting with transactions, systems testing, research, or review of
reports related to the Bank’s Housing and Community Investment programs, especially the Affordable Housing Program (AHP) Closeout Monitoring Review at project completion. The Intern will assist with other regular activities and tasks as needed.
The candidate will work directly with the HCI staff and will be exposed to the department’s key programs.
A successful candidate must be prepared to be physically in our office at some point during the internship.
FHLBank Boston does not sponsor work authorization for internships.
- Assist the department with AHP Closeout Monitoring Review at AHP project completion to ensure that the project fulfilled its obligations relating to the AHP.
- Review of homebuyer transactions for the Equity Builder Programs (EBP) and Housing Our Workforce (HOW).
- Conduct information technology testing of department systems and make recommendations.
- Other Equity Builder Program (EBP) and AHP research for annual update of AHP Implementation Plan.
- Other tasks or assignments, including regular activities, as needed or requested by the Director or Deputy Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Benefits for the Intern
- Work as part of a team with HCI staff
- Develop/strengthen professional skills
- Attend internal meetings
- Attend HCI program training with constituents and other industry related events
- Learn the FHLBank Boston’s affordable housing and economic development programs
- Learn other outside affordable housing programs (other funders, other FHLBs)
Education & Experience
- Progress towards a degree in Business, Planning, or Government.
- Those with a completed degree will also be considered.
- Prior work experience in an environment other than retail is required.
- Prior experience in a professional environment is preferred.
- Familiarity with MS Office programs, specifically Word and Excel.
- Possession of writing, research, and analytical skills preferred.
- Financial analysis and/or real estate finance skills a plus.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage applicants from every ethnicity, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran or parental status and sexual orientation.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Applications are being accepted on the Careers page of our website: www.fhlbboston.com