3 Main St Mercantile
Description of Employer
The Community Development Partnership nurtures a vibrant Lower Cape region by promoting environmental and economic sustainability, expanding opportunities for low- and moderate-income residents, and preserving our unique cultural and historic character.
At the Community Development Partnership, we create opportunities for people to live, work and thrive on the Lower Cape. We do this by providing safe, stable affordable places to live through the preservation of existing homes and the creation of new affordable rental opportunities. We also support and strengthen local small businesses as they start-up and grow through micro-financing, education and individualized assistance. And, we protect the natural environment of this place so many of us love by increasing energy efficiency and opportunities for generating local renewable energy.
Since 1992, the CDP has been a leader in developing and delivering innovative programs that foster an economically and environmentally sustainable Lower Cape Cod community. As a community development corporation, we value economic diversity and are committed to the inclusion and participation of local area residents, business owners and leaders in setting our priorities.
Job Opening: Housing Advocacy Program Manager
Status: Full-time Exempt Position (37.5 hours/week)
Time Frame: Review begins December 10, 2018, position open until filled
The Housing Advocacy Program Manager provides housing consulting services to Lower Cape towns and managerial support for the implementation of the Cape Community Housing Partnership including the Cape Housing Institute and Advocacy Training. The Housing Advocacy Program Manager will work out of our office in Eastham and provide office hours in Lower Cape Town Halls. The Housing Advocacy Program Manager reports to the Director of Housing Advocacy.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial professional with ambition and strong leadership skills. We seek an energetic, collaborative and dependable team player, who is passionate about the work, and enjoys coming up with new ideas as well as overseeing existing programs.
Specific duties will include but not necessarily be limited to:
Project Management Support for the Cape Housing Institute & Advocacy Training
- Organize logistics related to the Cape Housing Institute including events for municipal education. Trainings, meetings and workshops for municipal officials are offered year-round. The CDP offers the following support to Lower Cape towns:
- Annual 6-week Cape Housing Institute for town officials and staff involved in housing production. Includes an individualized group workshop for each town.
- Quarterly Advanced Trainings
- Quarterly Peer Group Meetings
- Communications about new resources
- Organize logistics related to the Cape Housing Advocacy Training including events for community residents. Trainings and meetings for local residents are offered year-round. The CDP offers the following support to Lower Cape residents:
- Full day Cape Housing Advocacy Training designed to empower residents to support local housing initiatives.
- House Meetings
- Communications about advocacy opportunities
- For all events listed above, assist with:
- Meeting space reservations and event management, including securing food and audiovisual coordination
- Managing registration for attendees
- Production of attendee name badges and other materials
- Printing (signs, flyers, handouts)
- Promotion of events and outreach to clients
- Monitor and track Lower Cape housing activities, analyze progress on program outcomes
- Manage and update program data.
Housing Consulting Service to the Towns
- Staff office hours at Town Halls to assist residents with access to:
- Buy-down program and down payment assistance programs
- Rental subsidy programs
- Preservation of ownership units (mortgage refinancing, housing rehab, etc.)
- Resale of affordable ownership units
- Referrals to housing providers and homeless prevention services
- General housing-related information
- Provide support to town housing-related committees as directed by Town Administration. Services may include:
- Attend meetings
- Serve as resource to Committees
- Identify and develop materials and resources for committee meetings
- Manage follow-up
- Monitor existing units on town’s Subsidized Housing Inventory (SHI). Duties to include:
- Create database of affordable units eligible to be on the SHI
- Create dossier for each eligible property
- Secure deeds with affordable housing restrictions for each property
- Develop a strategy for preventing loss of units on SHI
Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in project management
- Strong organizational skills, self-direction and the ability to manage multiple priorities with a high level of accuracy are a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Excellent computer skills and a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook 365, Microsoft Publisher or other design/ layout software) Adobe Acrobat, Constant Contact, Facebook
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently with limited supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Willingness to take on other tasks as required
- Positive, collaborative attitude
- Ability to work periodic flexible hours and to travel by automobile are required
Skills and Experience Desired
- Knowledge of housing and community development issues on Cape Cod
- Knowledge of strategies designed to support affordable housing development
- Proficiency in Twitter and contact management databases (Salesforce)
Compensation: Salary range is $51,000 to $56,000 annually. The CDP also provides a generous package of benefits including vacation,sick time, and retirement benefits.
The CDP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The CDP is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter summarizing your professional experience as it relates to the job description to Andrea Aldana, Andrea@capecdp.org (please attach Word or pdf documents.) References may be requested. Review begins December 10, 2018, position open until filled.