1780 Main Street
Are you interested in work that makes a difference in the lives of others? Way Finders is a mission-oriented, nonprofit organization offering a fast-paced, professional work environment focused on achievement. We employ individuals with a strong commitment to excellence, a collaborative nature, and the desire to make a difference. We are seeking two full-time Homeownership Advisors for our Homeownership and Financial Education department. The Homeownership Advisor will provide a range of pre-purchase counseling, loan administration, and foreclosure intervention services. This is a great opportunity for anyone who has a background in homebuyer education, foreclosures, and/or mortgage lending; teaching or para-professional services; and those looking to move from a traditional banking role to one that has a direct impact in lifting up the community.
At Way Finders, we light pathways and open doors to homes and communities where people thrive. The largest nonprofit housing provider in Western Massachusetts, Way Finders also specializes in housing counseling, financial and first-time homebuyer education, employment training, neighborhood revitalization, and a variety of other services throughout the region. The need for Way Finders’ programs and services is great and continues to grow each year. Whether a person is experiencing a housing crisis, in need of rental assistance, or ready to purchase a first home, our Housing Centers provide a welcoming, accessible space for counseling, assistance, training and placement, and ongoing support. During our last fiscal year, Way Finders services impacted 52,000 men, women, and children in the region. Stable housing is the platform upon which we work with our clients to help them to meet their own goals and to thrive. As families thrive, so do the communities in which they live.
The candidate will work a flexible schedule that may include nights and weekends. Work will be performed in a hybrid-remote capacity to start but will be fully in-person in the future.
- Provide in-depth readiness assessments, counseling, and education to first-time homebuyers, including guidance on homeownership, mortgage application and approval processes, post-purchase strategies, mortgage default, and foreclosure prevention
- Perform financial assessments including employment, household debt, disposable income, and goals; analyze to determine “fitness” to purchase and recommend best course of action for customer
- Counsel and educate customers on credit, debt reduction, and strategies for maintaining sustainable, positive cash flow; proactively identify barriers to homeowner success and help develop comprehensive budget for customers
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state programs, and other regulations; clearly and efficiently educate customers on all programs and regulations
- Remain current on trends and developments in homeownership programs and service offerings
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Coordinate workshop speakers
- Perform outreach to community agencies and industry partners as needed
- Create and maintain accurate, timely, and detailed customer records
- Bachelor’s degree; commensurate experience may be substituted for a degree
- 3 years’ experience in homebuyer education, mortgage lending, or foreclosures; similar or related experience may be substituted
- No personal or financial interests that could influence or appear to influence the exercise of their duties in this role
- Demonstrated attention-to-detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and comfort working in multiple software applications
- Clear and timely written and oral communication skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) written and verbal skills are preferred but not required
- Ongoing self-education in current and developing trends in homebuying, including:
- Obtaining a valid Housing & Urban Development (HUD) Housing Counselor certification within first six months of employment
- Retaining the HUD certification as a requirement of employment
- Generous paid time-off
- 12+ holidays annually
- Health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Educational assistance
- Medical Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Account
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Transportation benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Annual staff picnic!
Wage between $17.83 - $21.40 hourly depending on qualifications. Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Way Finders is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse staff in order to reflect our community and those we serve. Qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is available to all without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation or veteran status. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals.
Applications will only be accepted through this link - https://jobapply.page.link/Hbua