191 May Street
HomeBase and Secure Jobs Case Manager
Worcester County, MA
The purpose of this position is to assist people facing homelessness to achieve stable housing and sustainable employment that may have limited resources. The HomeBase and Secure Jobs Case Manager is responsible for providing re-housing and stabilization case management services to participants in the HomeBase program. The HomeBase and Secure Jobs Case Manager is responsible for intakes and assessments of qualifying families as well as assessing their needs for re-housing and sustainable employment opportunities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct comprehensive client assessment to collect financial, employment, housing, education, and health information as appropriate to develop a re-housing and stabilization plan.
- Return calls in a timely manner and provide services to individuals of the program as well as staff members and walk-ins.
- Provide case management and support to emergency assistance clients as well as supportive housing search advocacy.
- Provide supportive subsidy plans and furniture/moving assistance for clients.
- Conduct client visits with families and assist with housing search and placement opportunities.
- Responsible for acquiring documents, ensuring that rental units meet health and safety standards as designated by the program guidelines.
- Develop support systems to meet with client’s needs by identifying and coordinating a variety of available services necessary to maintain independent living, self-sufficiency, and family stabilization.
- Monitor and verify services provided to each client on a monthly/weekly basis to determine quality and effectiveness of services provided.
- Monitor and update web-based systems with client data updates via E2E and ETO systems and maintain virtual files.
- Monthly reporting to Finance Department and Funders.
- Build relationships with local employers. Conduct employment readiness workshop training. Conduct intake and updates with job training until employment is gained.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required. 1-3 years working in the Human Services field or case management experience. Must become certified within the R.E.B (Regional Employment Board) within six (6) months of working within the position. Experience with assisting clients with housing search/resources preferred. Bilingual candidates preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with clients, management, and peers. The ideal candidate must be able to effectively communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds. Must provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to maintain accuracy while meeting all deadlines; the ideal candidate must be detail-oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize; and attend/participate in meetings presenting a team player approach.
- Must have exceptional knowledge of computer systems and databases, Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Must possess a valid Driver's license and have reliable transportation. Must be willing to travel throughout the Worcester County area to meet with clients.
Work Environment: Typical office setting as well as to include the ability to travel and meet with clients at their homes, libraries, coffee shops, etc.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Competitive Vacation and Sick time
- 14-paid holidays
- 403(b) plan RCAP Contribution and Match
If Interested, please apply by sending an email to: email@example.com