24 Crescent St, Suite 201
Waltham , MA
CLASSIFICATION: Consultant 15-16 hours/month, $25/hour
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
To facilitate the First Time Home Buyer Course to potential first time homebuyers on a full range of issues related to the home purchasing process in accordance with CHAPA/HUD code of ethics and agency policy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate First Time Homebuyer 3 evening course 8-10 times/year.
- Coordinate with Development Director to set dates for the FTHB course.
- Schedule presenters for the components of the class for each course.
- Make sure new facilitators sign the CHAPA Code of Ethics document and are aware of the CHAPA guidelines for presenters.
- Confirm the presenters within a week prior to the class they will teach.
- Monitor the quality of presentations and giving feedback as needed.
- Fill in for some class components as needed.
- Keep records of presenters, dates, and areas of expertise.
- Collect fees and registration sheets from participants and confirm correct spellings of names. Deliver materials to the WATCH Office and pick up completed certificates for distribution to the participants.
- Coordinate with WATCH First Time Home Buyer Coordinator.
- Assist with the CHAPA re-certification every two years.
- Sound knowledge of housing laws, home buying and mortgage underwriting processes; ability to understand complex housing regulations and subsidy programs and other components of the home buying process.
- Proven and effective communication skills, with special emphasis on public speaking; presentation skills; and ability to professionally represent the agency.
- Related experience.
Daria Gere, Executive Director
Send a cover letter and resume to:
c/o Daria Gere
24 Crescenst Street, Suite 201, Waltham, MA 02453
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WATCH CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.