31 Germania Street
Jamaica Plain, MA
The Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Development Corporation (JPNDC) is a 43-year-old community Development Corporation with the mission of transforming lives and amplifying the voices of Boston residents who have been excluded from prosperity by an inequitable economic system. We develop affordable housing that allows people to thrive, provide services that help people build on their strengths, and organize people to pursue the changes they desire.
JPNDC’s Family Prosperity Services (FPS) promotes upward mobility for low-income families. Through strategies that include work and career readiness training, family financial skills training, individualized career and financial coaching, and access to income supports, we help low-income families increase their net income and assets over time. The FPS Program Manager supervises the Financial Coach, who works collaboratively with the Client Services Navigator, Career Coach, and other Economic Prosperity Services department staff to ensure that clients receive coordinated services.
• Provide one-on-one coaching services to clients, consistent with FPS program standards.
• Assist clients with goal setting, budgeting, credit building/rebuilding, debt repayment, savings, and asset development.
• Monitor client progress towards financial goals.
• Maintain files and FPS database for all clients, including intake, credit report, action plans; record progress on action plan. etc.
• Conduct financial education classes.
• Identify and refer clients to other resources and services needed to achieve their financial goals.
• Conduct outreach activities to promote the program, build a pipeline of clients, and cultivate and maintain relationships with key community partners.
• Prepare program reports as needed.
• Assist with other duties assigned by supervisor.
• Background in financial coaching, asset development and/or a related economic development field preferred.
• Experience working with low-income families in one or more of the following areas: financial goal setting; budgeting; credit building/rebuilding and debt repayment; utilization of quality financial services; and asset development.
• Bachelors or Associate’s Degree in Economics/Finance or related field required.
• Bilingual (Spanish-English) REQUIRED
• Highly motivated, flexible team player with excellent organization and communications skills.
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and time management.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. • Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Internet and Social Media.
This is a full-time, salaried position with generous benefit package. Salary negotiable depending on experience. Flexible schedule but must be available some evenings and occasional Saturdays, on a scheduled basis.
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Position open until filled.