10 Perthshire Rd
If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Economic Mobility Pathways (EMPath) transforms lives by helping people move out of poverty and provides other organizations with the tools to do the same. As a leading nonprofit innovator that combines program delivery, independent research, and public advocacy, we offer a wide range of rewarding career opportunities. EMPath is committed to recruiting, hiring, and sustaining a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, sexuality, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an EEO/AA/ADA/ADEA employer based in Boston, Massachusetts.
Salary: $20.00/hour or 41,600.00 annually
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
Position Title: Facilities Assistant
Supervisor: Director of Property Management
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, extractors, high pressure washers, vacuums, brooms mops and other equipment for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, wall, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Use of ladder to reach high arears for painting or cleaning.
- Follow instructions regarding the storage and use of chemical, supplies, tools, as directed.
- Maintain orderly supply and storage areas; all equipment and supplies at the end of shift need to be returned to their assigned location.
- Perform landscaping and related activities such as removing snow or debris from sidewalks and stairs in areas using hand-operated tools of small power equipment.
- Safely operate all vehicles and other job-related equipment.
- Responsible for maintenance and custodial needs at the following office locations: Hosmer, Abbot House, and Horizons.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Schedule will vary depending on weather and snow events
- Basic understanding of computers and phones
- Operate manual and power equipment.
- Perform physical labor. Able to lift 70 pounds.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in good standing
- One year of maintenance experience in a building, school, hospital, or office setting preferred.
Requires standing, bending, stooping and stretching. Communication to peers requires use of voice, written, computer skills. Work is performed in and outside of buildings and in inclement weather. Performs a variety of physical labor including climbing ladders, bending, kneeling, reaching, and standing for long periods of time; lift and carry boxes, tools, equipment, furniture and materials. Work may be stressful and fast paced at times. Must lift and carry up to 70 lbs.