ORGANIZATION NAME: Central Massachusetts Housing Alliance, Inc.
POSITION: Eviction Prevention Specialist
SUPERVISOR: Director of Housing Counseling
STATUS: Full time, non-exempt
WORK SITE: Institute Rd, Worcester, MA
SCHEDULE: Mon.-Friday 9:00-5:00
The Eviction Prevention Specialist is responsible to assist Tenants and Landlords and work together to prevent homelessness and preserve tenancies. The Prevention Specialists will work well with an internal team and have a strong ability to coordinate with other agencies as needed to assist clients in reaching their goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre-screen for financial assistance from CMHA on variety of fund sources geared to prevent homelessness
- Understanding of private and subsidized housing market
- Counsel tenants and landlords on their rights and responsibilities
- Enter appropriate information into Data System on a regular and consistent basis
- Provide referrals to other social services agencies
- Assist clients with case management and housing search on a limited basis
- Maintain client intakes
- Return messages from emergency, tenant and landlord phone lines
- Community outreach as to prevention and housing resources
- Assist Housing Counselor Director where necessary
- Assistance in completing funding requirements and applications for funds
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director or Designee
- Such additional duties as may be assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job and may be updated from time to time.
• Bachelor’s degree or related experience in the field for 3 years
• Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
• Computer savvy and experienced in a variety of software applications including Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrated experience working with culturally and economically diverse groups of people
• Good communication skills
• Excellent computers skills
• Sensitivity toward the needs and challenges of families served
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OR ESSENTIAL ABILITIES:
Interested candidates please send cover and resume to: Ann Gibbons Smith at, email@example.com