31 Germania Street
Jamaica Plain, MA
The Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Development Corporation (JPNDC) is a 43-year-old community development corporation with the mission of transforming lives and amplifying the voices of Boston residents who have been excluded from prosperity by an inequitable economic system. We develop affordable housing that allows people to thrive, provide services that help people build on their strengths, and organize people to pursue the changes they desire.
JPNDC’s Economic Prosperity Services (EPS) department has over 20 years of results helping Boston families and small businesses build income and assets. Core activities include the delivery of early education, small business technical assistance, and family prosperity services to low-income people who are predominantly immigrants, people of color, and women.
The Education Coordinator will design and facilitate training activities for adult learners by: 1) leveraging adult learning principles, facilitation expertise and knowledge of economic development strategies to enhance training curricula, and 2) supporting, managing and executing cross-team collaboration to implement training activities that build financial capability and enhance skills directly applicable to small business, professional, and workforce development.
Teach and/or co-teach workshops. Working closely with the Small Business Services Director, the Family Child Care Program Director and the Family Prosperity Services Manager, the Education Coordinator will:
● Conduct baseline assessments of participants, as needed.
● Prepare/adapt training content from existing curricula.
● Create learning paths that enable participants to benefit from training activities and prepare them to access individualized services, as needed.
● Build/maintain a network of facilitators to teach training workshops, as needed.
● Maintain data collection tools to track attendance and document feedback.
●Train home-based early educators in JPNDC’s Family Childcare system. Working closely with the Child Care Services Director, the Education Coordinator will:
● Conduct a baseline assessment of educators ’readiness to comply with Massachusetts standards for high-quality early education and care.
● Determine training topics, design/shape training content, determine frequency, number of training hours and related logistics planning.
● Conduct activities that engage educators in developing individualized plans to meet business and professional development objectives.
● Refine/update data collection tools to document educators ’attendance at trainings, and completion of required training activities.
●Create an annual training calendar for the Economic Prosperity Department.
● Create a list of training activities to be conducted through the year, detailing activities’ title and objective, date, time and location. .
● Bilingual in English and Spanish REQUIRED.
● Bachelor, or Associate, degree in Education or a related field REQUIRED.
● Minimum 3 years of professional work experience designing and facilitating adult learning experiences.
● Understanding of, and experience in, applying adult learning theory in designing engaging, impactful learning programs and experiences.
● Knowledge of popular education methodology.
● Experience coaching facilitators and/or leading facilitator training preferred.
● Experience managing projects preferred.
● Ability to prioritize and work under pressure in a deadline-oriented environment.
● Strong written and visual communication skills.
● Strong commitment to social justice.
This is a full-time, salaried position with generous benefit package. Salary negotiable depending on experience. Must be available for evening classes on a scheduled basis.
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Position open until filled.