96 Lafayette Street
Economic Development Coordinator
North Shore, MA
Why Work at North Shore CDC?
North Shore Community Development Coalition (NSCDC) is a regional, nonprofit organization committed to investing in neighborhoods to create thriving communities. We envision a North Shore where every neighborhood is one of choice and opportunity. Our neighborhood revitalization model focuses on projects that have lasting benefits for entire neighborhoods with need-based programs that build future city leaders and self-sufficient residents. Our diverse staff are passionate and committed to helping our communities thrive and grow. We offer extremely competitive benefits including funding for professional development, as well as a full suite of healthcare benefits, generous paid time-off, flexible work hours and more.
About the Role
The Economic Development Coordinator (EDC) will be a motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit responsible for ensuring NSCDC’s mission, vision, and values are the cornerstone of our Small Business Engagement Program. The (EDC) will be responsible for engaging with and providing technical assistance to local small businesses, entrepreneurs, micro-businesses, and aspiring business owners. NSCDC works to provide equitable opportunities to all businesses with a special focus on minority owned businesses in disadvantaged communities. This position is instrumental in helping disadvantaged communities thrive economically. We are looking for someone willing to develop systems and efforts to provide extensive outreach and follow up to help businesses start, stabilize and grow, and someone who is passionate about helping communities thrive, has business acumen, and enjoys building relationships and connecting others to resources.
● Provide individualized consulting to business owners (i.e, business planning, marketing planning, bookkeeping, accounting etc.)
● Develop partnerships with community stakeholders, financial institutions, other community organizations to help business thrive
● Plan diverse financial and economic workshops to meet the needs of the community (Info Sessions, Financial Literacy, legal and tax assistance) for businesses.
● Lead outreach and a marketing efforts to connect to underserved businesses
● Develop and organize resources and referrals that will support small businesses growth
● Organize and plan events that highlight small businesses in the community
● Manage NSCDC’s unique Pop-Up Incubator application process with team
● Help businesses make informed decisions on financial grant and loan applications
● Support businesses by helping them develop new employment opportunities
● Represent NSCDC at community meetings and community development peer groups
● A strong commitment to helping underserved communities thrive economically
● College graduate or 3 Plus years of business/ project management experience
● Has started a business or severed in a managerial role at a business highly preferred
● Strong knowledge of assessing what businesses need to be successful and identifying resources
● Bi-lingual English and Spanish strongly preferred
● Excellent writing and interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate with others
● Willingness to build a program and develop systems for program success
● Must have working knowledge of computers and computer systems
● Team-oriented and good sense of humor
*Please note that the ideal candidate must also have daily access to an automobile, a valid MA State Driver’s License
To Apply/ More Information:
Submit a cover letter and resume to Jason Pina, COO by email at HR@northshorecdc.org. Please specify “Economic Development Coordinator” in the subject line.