Florida City, FL
Rural Neighborhoods Director of Property Management
Provide outstanding service to low-income tenants through sound, responsive and innovative property management and resident services. This role will be responsible for supervision of property management staff and the daily operation of a portfolio of 20+ rental properties including 1,726 residential beds and apartments.
Rural Neighborhoods underscores the need for an individual in this role who brings an “inspect what you expect” approach that will be adopted by the team that you lead. Supervising a team, this role also requires leadership and problem-solving skills; the ability to build relationships with residents and a site management team; and a commitment to acting in accordance with RN’s multi-cultural values.
- Supervise property management leasing and maintenance staff and be accountable for their supervision, training and success.
- Ensure the highest standards of multi-cultural customer service.
- Complement the Director of Asset Management and Chief Compliance Officer in implementing annual property budgets, assessing capital improvement needs, carrying out expense management and meeting portfolio reporting requirements.
- Impose cost control guidance on rental properties.
- 8+ years Property or Asset Management experience managing a large portfolio of properties and diverse portfolio of affordable rental housing including LIHTC, USDA Rural Development, HOME, CDBG and/or FHLB.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Open to significant South Florida travel, e.g. 2 days per week, 3 out of 4 weeks
- Understanding of rental property budgets and asset management analytics.
- Experience leading and developing teams.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Real Page One Site or Yardi property management software, preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to analyze large amounts of information and data for problem solving purposes.
- Extensive experience, knowledge and understanding of landlord/tenant leases, leaseholder obligations and affordable housing compliance requirements. i
Bilingual English/Spanish is highly preferred.
Professional designation such as CHAM, CSM, CPM or CCIM strongly preferred.
Rural Neighborhoods offers a 401(K) Plan , Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please forward resume, salary requirements and cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org