594 Columbia Road
Dorchester Bay Economic Development Corporation (DBEDC) seeks an energetic, and collegial Director of Resident and Community Engagement (DRCE) to innovate our resident services programming and engage the broader Dorchester Bay community to catalyze positive neighborhood change.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the DRCE will develop, manage and deliver services, programs, and amenities that support diverse and equitable communities, stable tenancies, and serve children, adults and seniors who make their homes at DBEDC properties.
The DRCE will lead and manage the resident services and community engagement staff currently comprised of three Resident Services Coordinators, Associate Director of Community Affairs, and Health Equity Liaison. The DRCE will identify, assess, select, develop, and maintain partnerships with community leaders, local groups, and service providers to expand opportunities for residents to access resources to self-determine their lives and achieve success. The DRCE is also responsible for developing and implementing impactful strategies and programming to engage the broader Dorchester Bay community.
Essential job functions and responsibilities:
- Innovate, develop, manage, and deliver resident services, including best practice research, tenant needs assessment tool, case management system, services and programs, and partnership development, with a focus on housing stability, financial resilience, health and wellness equity, and civic engagement.
- Lead, coach, and develop resident services and community engagement staff including setting performance expectations and evaluating performance, coordinating duties, and supporting staff’s professional development and training.
- Lead planning and implementation of programming that promote a healthy community, facilitate social celebrations, civic engagement, and leadership development activities.
- Collaborate with the real estate and economic opportunity teams to develop and implement engagement and outreach strategies to include and center the community in real estate development, workforce development, and other programming.
- Develop outcomes, output measures, and evaluations; ensure data is collected and reported accurately and timely, coordinating with teams and partners for data sharing.
- Establishes processes and accountability measures, including meeting regularly with property managers, real estate, asset management, and finance staff to ensure open lines of communication, transparency, and collective problem-solving.
- Develop and monitor budgets and activities for program operations, manage team progress towards fulfilling grant deliverables, and meet all reporting requirements.
- Participate in program and operational fundraising in collaboration with the CEO and Resource Development team.
- As part of the Senior Leadership team, actively contributes to organizational decision-making and advises CEO as needed.
- 7+ years progressively responsible experience in human services or community engagement/outreach, property management, or a related discipline.
- Minimum 5+ years’ case management or program management experience.
- Licensed Certified Social Worker preferred.
- Significant experience successfully managing and leading teams to achieve outcomes.
- Familiarity with logic models, program design, and outcomes measurement.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Ability to collect, track, understand and analyze data to assess programs and partnerships.
- Strong English language verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with document processing and collaboration software like Microsoft Office Suite or Google Docs Suite.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes some evenings, and occasional weekends.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
The ideal candidate has:
- Ability to understand and respect values, attitudes, and beliefs that differ across cultures and to respond appropriately to these differences with residents and in planning, implementing, and evaluating programs and services.
- Strong ability to provide and receive constructive feedback, and strong interpersonal communication ability.
- A high level of personal responsibility, motivation, nimbleness, and is comfortable navigating change and ambiguity.
- Relevant lived experience and knowledgeable about Dorchester/Roxbury neighborhoods.
- Bi-lingual Spanish-English, Cape Verdean-English, or Haitian Creole-English (both written and spoken) strongly preferred.
- Strong work ethic and disciplined execution skills.
- Emotional intelligence with the ability to build strong relationships and work with people at all levels within and external to the organization.
- Experience using a CRM like of Salesforce or similar program preferred.
DBEDC is a place-based organization with a highly flexible, hybrid work environment. This position requires the ability to work at DBEDC’s office and properties, and to attend meetings and events in physical environments as needed.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position with a starting salary range of $90,000-$105,000 annually commensurate with experience and qualifications. DBEDC also offers three weeks of paid vacation; twelve paid holidays; three personal days, five days of paid volunteer leave, generous cost-sharing for medical insurance, and a 403(b) plan with a generous employer contribution.
DBEDC views diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence as vital guiding principles in all our work with communities. We welcome and encourage applications from black, indigenous, and persons of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, persons from unconventional career paths, and others who may contribute to the diversity of the organization and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
To apply, provide a resume plus cover letter that describes your interest in the role, and how your qualifications, values, and approach to serving residents and communities align with the position. Send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Director of Resident and Community Engagement” in the subject line. No phone calls, please, and thank you.