283 Elliott Street
Are you passionate about collaborating with communities to cultivate just, equitable and sustainable housing opportunities? If so, your passion aligns with our mission. Harborlight Community Partners (HCP) is looking to fill the role of Director of Property Management and Compliance. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this critical position works independently to supervise and coordinate all site management and compliance responsibilities at HCP properties. You will have the opportunity to act as a resource for our property managers, supporting our residents, and will be accountable for satisfactory financial performance, physical condition, capital projects and marketability of HCP properties. HCP’s impact encompasses the North Shore region, from Lynn to Rockport, and our properties are rooted within, and responsive to, our local communities. If you have a strong desire to make long term positive impact in the community this role might be for you.
Our ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, flexible, creative and detail-oriented individual with excellent communication skills. They will appreciate the opportunity to work as a critical member of a team that is committed to building strong communities. Prior team leadership experience and the ability to think critically under pressure and handle emergency situations are musts. We are looking for a candidate who reflects the diversity of the population we serve. Women, candidates of color, those with different abilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. The most successful candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 10+ years of related work experience
- CPM, COS, C3P, and LIHTC certified
- Familiar with housing management, budgeting, housing agency regulations and the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit, MRVP and HOME Programs
As a senior leader within the organization, the Director of Property Management and compliance will have key responsibilities in the following areas:
- Team Management- As the team leader for our Resident Managers, you will onboard, orient, train and evaluate to ensure the highest levels of performance, employee engagement and outcomes for the organization.
- Compliance Management- HCP is committed to the highest level of compliance in all its endeavors. In this role, you will oversee the preparation of all necessary reporting and documentation, including but not limited to affirmative action, ADA, property inspections, and accident reporting. You will interact with housing agency personnel, working to build solid relationships.
- Site Management- In support of our Resident Managers, you will foster a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents and communities attending resident meetings and handling resident complaint procedures. You will develop, monitor, and oversee all property management related programs, policies, plans, contracts, and agreements. You will be accountable for all aspects of rental offices, monitoring all rental programs and waiting lists and administering renting, compliance and leasing procedures for all property management programs. To protect our residents, you will oversee security procedures and ensure timeliness of site unit inspections. You will monitor rent collection, income recertification process, deposit procedures and follow through with evictions and apartment transfers.
- Fiscal Management- You will have oversight and review of annual operating budgets for all HCP properties, including supervision of all capital projects. You will manage day to day expenses and will negotiate contracts for services and supplies, monitoring service orders, purchase procedures and inventory.
Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to: Tim Donovan, Chief Operating Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.