4 Winslow Street
Description: This is a highly visible and responsible administrative position in which the incumbent actively assists the Executive Director in their management of the Arlington Housing Authority. The successful candidate will be responsible for the administration and management of maintenance activities and capital improvements of grounds and buildings, which include 9 separate sites and over 720 public housing units. The Director will report to the Executive Director and have direct oversight of the Maintenance Department, whose departments currently includes the Superintendent of Maintenance, 10 maintenance staff members and a maintenance clerk.
1. Oversee modernization program planning and administration.
2. Work with the Executive Director on the development and execution of the AHA’s 5-year capital plan for each of the AHA developments.
3. Implement and oversee building, apartment and grounds maintenance programs ensuring they are done in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local statutes.
4. Create and maintain a quality control program to ensure that work is done in compliance with DHCD regulation and other applicable statutes, and that staff abide by the AHA’s customer service standards.
5. Manage all AHA actions related to CAPHUB, CIMS, CPS and other systems as needed.
6. Must have familiarity with state laws, policies and regulations under which the AHA operates.
7. Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of all budgetary and financial records such as vendor/contractor payments and purchase orders.
8. Package specific work items for A/E contracts, review bid documents and coordinate Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
9. Perform overall contract management duties including evaluation of services and drafting new contracts as needed.
10. Review all on going and proposed projects, change orders and perform project close-out duties.
11. Review maintenance work order reports and project-specific maintenance costs.
12. Plan and oversee energy conservation audits and improvements.
13. Have the ability to organize and supervise both administrative and maintenance staff.
14. Responsible for video surveillance systems at all AHA sites.
15. Perform any additional duties or tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications: Knowledge & Skills Requirements
1. Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience or any equivalent combination of education, learning, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
2. Experience managing 5-10 staff members.
3. MCPPO certificate.
4. Experience with or ability to learn CAPHUB, CPS, CIMS, PHA Web and other systems as needed.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Thorough and complete knowledge of physical systems and building technology.
7. Proficiency with project management tools and schedules.
8. Ability to read and understand blueprints, bids, and specifications.
9. Knowledge of property maintenance requirements.
10. Understanding of government procurement practices and designer selection regulations.
11. Knowledge of DHCD Funding Systems.
12. Ability to prepare written documentation of construction management meetings.
13. Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured.
14. Must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check.
15. Must have the ability to work with people of various socioeconomic backgrounds.
Start Date: TBD
Salary Range: $90,000 - $100,000. The Authority also offers a complete benefit package including vacation and sick days, medical, dental, life, and optional long-term disability insurance.
Application: To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to the Director of Maintenance & Modernization Hiring Committee, Arlington Housing Authority, 4 Winslow Street, Arlington, MA 02474 or by emailing to email@example.com
The deadline for applying to this position is August 18, 2021 by close of business. Late applications will not be accepted.
The Arlington Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.