52 Chauncy St
Director of Housing Search and Landlord Recruitment
Application Deadline: Thursday, March 26, 2020
The Director of Housing Search and Landlord Recruitment will carry out the mission of expanding choice for Housing Choice Voucher program participants, helping them to access a broader array of communities in Boston and Greater Boston. The Director will actively work to build relationships with landlord partners who have housing opportunities in area which are underutilized by the voucher program. The Director will also oversee Housing Search activities and procedures with a focus on providing comprehensive information to voucher holders and reducing administrative and economic barriers that may prevent a voucher family or individual from leasing housing in their desired community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft and implement procedures regarding landlord recruitment and housing search for the Leased Housing Department.
- Build and maintain a list of property managers in communities underserved by the BHA who are interested in working with the leased housing program.
- Seek out partners in the private and non-profit sectors that can provide monetary and non-monetary assistance to families searching for housing and supports for families who have recently moved to new housing
- Formulate, provide, and conduct landlord education and briefing sessions.
- Conduct outreach with property managers in the BHA jurisdiction, maintaining listings of available housing opportunities.
- Refer available units to BHA program families via phone, email, and in person meeting.
- Communicate with landlords about specific families interested in specific units, prescreening to determine if landlords believe interested families might be a good fit.
- Oversee Housing Search Staff.
- Coordinate unit tours and assist families with preparation and submission of housing applications.
- Advocate on behalf of program families during the search and application process.
- Request feedback from existing Landlords through surveys and working groups
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's or Graduate degree with a specialization in social sciences, business administration or a related field is preferred. 8 - 10 years' experience in affordable housing industry, property management, or in the real estate field is highly preferred. Must have exceptional organizational and problem solving skills. Proven ability to handle confidential data, use sound judgment, work independently, and deal effectively with all levels of the general public.
E-mail a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or mail a completed employment application to: Director of Human Resources, Boston Housing Authority, 52 Chauncy Street, Boston, MA 02111. Please be sure to identify the position you are applying for.