1780 Main Street
Director of Development
At Way Finders, we are passionately invested in lifting up the region’s people, places, and systems. Though our team performs a wide variety of functions, we are united by our shared mission: to build and advocate for a thriving and equitable region; to improve the stability and economic mobility of families and individuals; and to develop and manage a robust range of safe, affordable housing options.
Every day, our team helps people facing real challenges—with housing, jobs, personal finances, and other cornerstones of daily stability—to find real solutions. And we help communities and systems to grow in positive, strategic ways. We know that the right help at the right time can make all the difference; Way Finders provides transformative help to tens of thousands of people each year. Always with respect, always with compassion.
Interested in joining our team of dedicated professionals? Way Finders is currently seeking a Director of Development for our growing Resource Development department. The Director of Development is responsible for planning, managing, and implementing activities that increase, diversify, and sustain philanthropic support for Way Finders from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government contracts.
The candidate will work in a hybrid-remote capacity but must live within commutable distance to the main office in Springfield, MA. In-office work and local in-person meetings are occasionally expected.
- Develop and oversee implementation of annual fundraising plan in consultation with senior leadership
- Create and execute strategy for attracting and maintaining individual and corporate donors, foundations, and federal, state, and local program contracts
- Expand and diversify donor base/pipeline; work closely with program staff and other team members to secure funding for existing and new initiatives
- Oversee the completion of grant research, applications, and reporting processes to corporate, foundation, and government sources; provide additional grant writing and reporting capacity, as needed
- Design and implement direct mail campaigns, and other special campaigns, including the measuring and evaluation of results, with changes in approach, if needed, implemented in a timely manner
- Oversee data entry and manage donor database; run, evaluate, and deliver reports with forethought and as necessary to meet all requirements
- Evaluate and provide timely feedback to staff on performance-related matters; assess staff members’ strengths and developmental needs; implement performance plans to ensure the development and/or maintenance of necessary skills
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with staff (including across departments), community groups, funding sources, constituents, and stakeholders to achieve goals
- Proactively identify and inform CDO of any significant issues that may adversely affect the agency
- Support the Board of Directors in efforts to serve as ambassadors and fundraisers for the organization
- Remain current on trends in development, advancement, and fundraising
- The Director of Development will oversee the Grants Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; commensurate experience may be substituted for a degree
- 5 years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising required, with demonstrated success
- Experience in a management or leadership role
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, and comfort learning new technologies
- Experience in donor database management, preferably Salesforce
- Advanced organizational skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, plus the ability to reprioritize for self and staff in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to work with diverse populations
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred but not required
Benefits include: Generous paid time-off | 12+ holidays annually | Health, dental, and vision insurance options | Educational assistance | Medical Reimbursement Account | Dependent Care Account | 403(b) retirement plan with employer match | Life insurance | Short-term and long-term disability insurance | Transportation benefits | Employee Assistance Program | Annual staff picnic!
Wage between $75,000 and $90,000 per year depending on qualifications. Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Way Finders is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse staff in order to reflect our community and those we serve. Qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is available to all without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or veteran status. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED THROUGH THIS LINK - https://jobapply.page.link/nBEo6