1 Washington Mall
ABOUT THE HOUSING PARTNERSHIP NETWORK
Housing Partnership Network (HPN) is an award-winning membership network of 100 of the nation’s leading affordable housing and community development nonprofits. Together, our mission is to help millions of people gain access to affordable homes and thriving communities that offer economic opportunity and an enhanced quality of life. We firmly believe everyone deserves to live in a vibrant community where housing fosters dignity, opportunity, and well-being.
Since our founding in 1992, HPN has collectively served over 11 million people; developed, rehabilitated, or preserved about 400,000 affordable homes; and launched 14 successful social enterprises. Our work has been recognized with honors including the MacArthur Award for Creative & Effective Institutions and Wells Fargo NEXT Award for Opportunity Finance. Learn more at www.housingpartnership.net.
HPN Select is a national procurement solution for the affordable housing industry — organizations that share a common goal of helping people live in cleaner, safer, healthier, and more affordable homes. Our goal is to ensure the future of procurement for affordable housing, is simpler, more streamlined and built for sustainability and efficiency. We help developers and owner-managers connect with vendors in ways that make it easier to access quality and nationally available products at a fair price. And we are enabling greater visibility and transparency in buying decisions and smarter dollar allocations.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND EQUITY
HPN is committed to creating a diverse and equitable environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. HPN recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status and other protected status. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We aspire to build a diverse team, one that better reflects the people and communities we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Collaboration - We are a true network. We believe in the power and benefits of broad engagement, empowerment and collaboration.
Connection - We actively build relationships that connect people, ideas, and organizations to forge new paths for improving communities.
Inclusion - We recognize our power comes from the collective and cooperative nature of our work, based on an environment that is inclusive of diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives.
Respect - We are open, honest, and respectful in all of our interactions which strengthens our relationships, our mission, our work with colleagues and members, and ultimately the lives of the people we all serve.
Transformation - We work with our members to transform our industry by creating systemic solutions to help people who live in our communities to thrive.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
We are looking for a Director of Green, Healthy & Sustainable Products to help improve the lives of the folks who call our members’ properties home. This role will help to lead HPN/HPN Select’s efforts to dramatically expand the use of healthy, green and sustainable products in the affordable housing industry. You will inherit an incredible emerging platform called Select EcoGuide (https://hpnselect.com/news-updates/welcome-to-select-ecoguide/) to help guide our members and other sector users to the high-performing, economical products that meet a variety of green, healthy and/or sustainable standards. This is an opportunity to cultivate a large and motivated network of mission-driven housing professionals and influence practice that can uncover and respond to developing and growing needs, and influence and shape our members’ practices, policies and purchasing behavior.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will provide program leadership and manage a network of relationships that will:
- Expand the knowledge base of HPN/HPN Select members/customers as it relates to high-performing green, healthy and sustainable products used in the building, operations and maintenance of affordable multifamily and single-family homes
- Help develop new product relationships to be part of HPN Select’s portfolio of group-purchase options
- Manage, expand and update the Select EcoGuide
- Work with key vendors on expanding their offerings of green, healthy and sustainable products represented on Select EcoGuide and purchased by HPN Select members/customers
- Lead peer exchange on the subject of green, healthy and sustainable projects among HPN members
- Develop product information and sales tools that can be used by HPN Select Account Managers in their interactions with members/customers
- As a person who thinks holistically and systematically, you’ll design, implement, and refine processes that empower our customers to achieve their goals
- Evangelize through the use of positive persuasion, data collection/sharing, product performance and economy
- Represent HPN/HPN Select in a variety of venues as our leading expert in this field
- Identify and promote funding models that leverage HPN’s and our members’ existing support to increase the sustainability, scale and impact of local efforts
- Support the President HPN Select and the COO of HPN in all tasks related to member engagement, education, and board support around this important work
- Manage program budget and report out on KPIs
- Implement policies, track ongoing progress, and conduct educational webinars and presentations.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in a related field of study, such as sustainability, architecture, engineering, landscape design, building management, environmental education, etc.
- Knowledge about, experience and/or training in any of the following a plus:
- LEED, USGBC, Enterprise Green Communities, Energy Star, GRESB, GRI, CDP
- Self-starter, committed to creating a more sustainable world, and the desire to make big-picture visions actionable in the day-to-day.
- 5-10 years of professional experience in a field related to healthy, green and sustainable products, education, and/or green design, consulting, construction, operations and maintenance
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence effectively at all levels within an organization
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including experience developing reports, publications and presentations to promote new ideas and share best practices.
- Real Estate Development and/or Operations Experience a real plus
- HQ is based in Boston, but remote locations will be given strong consideration
- Some travel required (subject to COVID-19 restrictions)
- Potential to elevate position to Vice President level based on candidate experience
Submit resume and cover letter at https://sforce.co/364GUkg.