1264 Main Street
We are seeking a dedicated and mission driven Development Director to join our Development Team and support efforts to grow our portfolio of affordable and mixed-income housing developments throughout New England and the mid-Atlantic states. This individual will have responsibility for implementing real estate development projects from conception through closing and construction to lease up and delivery of quality finished projects on schedule and within budget.
Duties and responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Acquisition – participate in site analysis, financial feasibility and site selection.
- Pre-development & Development determination – take the lead on due diligence, establishment of the project pro forma and financial structure, funding commitments, cost estimates and closing.
- Prepare RFQ/RFP to engage consultants (architect, civil engineer, historic consultants etc.)
- Lead or provide peer review in the structuring, assembly, review of funding applications and managing the closing
- Oversee all appropriate public and community meeting processes with internal architect and permitting specialist
- Manage project design and construction process to ensure the timeliness, quality and cost effectiveness of all associated activities
- Coordination with internal teams, including Asset Management and our 3rd party Management Company throughout development process
- Process and track development expenses with Project Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, Finance, Engineering or Construction Management
- 7+ years within the LIHTC program
- Experience with development of mixed finance transactions
- Proficiency in 4% and 9% affordable housing projects
- Demonstrated success in project management and value engineering
- Highly effective presentation and communication abilities are essential
- Must have robust interpersonal skills, social intelligence and political acumen
Dakota Partners offers generous benefits including fully paid health care, 401k plan with up to 4.5% matching, paid time off, and a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please forward cover letter and resume to Leah Lee, Operations Coordinator; firstname.lastname@example.org