536 Granite Street, Suite 301
The Schochet Companies are Hiring!
The Schochet Companies is a growing, full-service multifamily residential real estate development and property management firm with a special competency in affordable housing. We are currently seeking a talented, self-starting individual to serve as Development Assistant at our corporate office in Braintree, MA.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Assist with due diligence on potential acquisition opportunities. Information generally reviewed will include any data that drives a particular asset’s value. Data reviewed may include financial statements, past and current rental unit records, real estate taxes, and capital improvements. Analyses may include trends and forecasts relating to operating budgets, rents, and the market and surrounding development activity.
- Assist with making offers on potential acquisitions.
- Assist with compiling, organizing, and submitting affordable housing funding applications to state agencies, cities, quasi-public agencies, and other public or private lenders. This involves helping procure necessary documents, organizing and tracking files in databases, uploading items to various web platforms, and assembling binders.
- Assist with financial transaction closings, including for Low Income Housing Tax Credit transactions, refinancing’s, HUD-related transactions, or private investor deals. This typically involves managing building an organizational directory, maintaining checklists, procuring documents and signatories, organizing files, and making reports.
- Assist with projects that are under construction. This may include managing requisitions, helping with resident relocation logistics for occupied rehabs, and resident communication.
- Assist with writing and assembling responses to Requests for Qualifications or Requests for Proposals.
- Prepare and maintain documents including marketing materials, drafting correspondence, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations (including photos, graphics, charts and graphs).
- Oversee the Acquisitions and Development team calendars, schedule external meetings and assist with meeting preparation and logistics such as agenda setting, preparing and printing documents, taking notes for distribution at certain meetings or sending out minutes afterwards.
- Maintain confidential records including scanning, saving and organizing folder structures in the electronic document management system in accordance with document retention.
- Help plan and coordinate events such as groundbreakings, ribbon cuttings, and other events as needed.
The ideal candidate will be interested in learning about affordable housing properties, development, financing, and construction. We are a small and close-knit company, and you will have the opportunity to learn from many members of our team about all aspects of developing, owning, and managing multi-family and mixed-use real estate.
Individuals in this position must be extremely well organized, have the ability to multi-task, as well as the ability to work under pressure to meet critical deadlines. Strong computer literacy skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel, are a must. The Development Associate reports to the Acquisitions & Development Manager but will also work closely with the Vice President of Acquisitions & Development. The Development Assistant shall have the equivalent of an undergraduate degree from an accredited College or University or 1 to 2 years of related experience.
Interested and qualified candidates, please submit resume to: email@example.com or fax 617-830-0373. Pre-employment background check & drug test required. EOE
For more information on this position please contact Robin @ 617-398-5144.