44 Washington Street
RIHousing – Default Counselor
Pay Rate - $23.02 - $32.22/hour
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This position is accountable for mortgage counseling and collections through foreclosure to ensure minimal risk exposure to RIHousing.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
- Assist in administering the collections process in compliance with internal policies, regulatory guidelines, sub-servicer requirements, and investor requirements.
- On a daily basis, contact delinquent borrowers, provide counseling, and cure defaults to ensure minimal risk exposure to RIHousing and sub-servicing portfolio(s).
- Process one time electronic and non-electronic payments
- Maintain and document communication using the customer contact log and monitor the status of assigned loans via the delinquency reporting queue
- Be knowledgeable of CFPB regulations including QRPC and customer complaint tracking requirements
- Assist customer service, monitors delinquent loans, and provide support in performing special projects as assigned
What you’ll bring to the team:
This position works with borrowers who are behind on their mortgage payments and provides counseling to help them avoid default or more serious legal action though phone contact and face to face counseling
He or she performs various mortgage counseling, collections, and research functions on a daily basis, as follows:
Assists in administering the collections process in compliance with internal policies, regulatory guidelines, sub-servicer requirements, and investor requirements including delinquency reporting to appropriate investor and insurer;
Contacts delinquent borrowers, provides counseling, cures defaults, makes referral to appropriate staff for loan workout or foreclosure action; as such incumbent must be knowledgeable of the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau (CFPB) regulations regarding Quality Right Party Contact (QRPC)
Refers borrowers to external financial or counseling resources as needed
Initiates requests for financial hardship documentation and arranges repayment or forbearance plans in accordance with internal policies, regulatory guidelines, and investor requirements
Initiates delinquency notices and demand letters, performs skip tracing and property inspections as needed
Maintains and documents all appropriate communication with the borrower using the customer contact log and monitors the status of assigned loans via the delinquency reporting queue;
Resolves lost payments, researches problem cases, reviews requests for late charge waivers and communicates with credit repositories as assigned; as such the incumbent must be knowledgeable of CFPB customer complaint tracking requirements
Processes one time electronic and non-electronic payments as requested by the borrower
The incumbent also assists customer service with problems or questions regarding delinquent loans and tracks progress and monitors delinquent trends.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Three years experience in mortgage collections
- Knowledge of CFPB, FNMA, FHA, VA, and USDA regulations, as well private mortgage insurer guidelines
- Strong negotiations, communications, and organizational skills
- Associates degree in business administration or related field; and or equivalent work experience required
- Bilingual ability preferred (particularly Spanish or Portuguese)
- Use of personal vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance is required.
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2019
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable, and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing uses its resources to provide low-interest loans, grants, education, and assistance to help Rhode Islanders find, rent, buy, build, and keep a good home. Created by the General Assembly in 1973, RIHousing is a privately funded public purpose corporation. RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.
Apply on Company website - https://www.rihousing.com/careers/