1 Washington Mall, 12th floor
ABOUT THE HOUSING PARTNERSHIP NETWORK
Housing Partnership Network (HPN) is an award-winning membership network of 100+ of the nation’s leading affordable housing and community development nonprofits. Through practitioner-driven peer exchange, policy and innovation, the Housing Partnership Network’s mission is to leverage the individual strengths and mobilize the collective power of our member organizations. Our vision is that all people live in vibrant and inclusive communities where access to affordable homes creates opportunity and economic mobility. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice.
Since our founding in 1992, HPN has collectively served over 12.8 million people; developed, rehabilitated, or preserved about 470,000 affordable homes; and launched 14 successful social enterprises. Our work has been recognized with honors including the MacArthur Award for Creative & Effective Institutions and Wells Fargo NEXT Award for Opportunity Finance. Learn more at www.housingpartnership.net.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND EQUITY
HPN is committed to creating a diverse and equitable environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. HPN recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status and other protected status. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We aspire to build a diverse team, one that better reflects the people and communities we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Racial Equity - We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion at HPN, and helping members advance initiatives that dismantle long-standing systemic racial biases and discrimination to achieve economic and social justice.
Collaboration - We are a true network. We believe in the power and benefits of broad engagement, empowerment and collaboration.
Connection - We actively build relationships that connect people, ideas, and organizations to forge new paths for improving communities.
Inclusion - We recognize our power comes from the collective and cooperative nature of our work, based on an environment that is inclusive of diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives.
Respect - We are open, honest, and respectful in all of our interactions which strengthens our relationships, our mission, our work with colleagues and members, and ultimately the lives of the people we all serve.
Transformation - We work with our members to transform our industry by creating systemic solutions to help people who live in our communities to thrive.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining high-quality data solutions for HPN. In this role, the DBA will enable HPN to showcase the impact generated by its activities, social enterprises, and member organizations. This includes continually improving the quality, performance, and reliability of the HPN data warehouse to ensure that colleagues have the information they need to build data-informed solutions and communicate with both members and external parties, such as funders and policy makers.
This position is specifically designated for a project with a term end date of 04/30/2024.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in designing, building, and maintaining highly scalable and performance-oriented databases.
- Perform established database operations policies, procedures, and processes.
- Identify and troubleshoot database issues such as performance bottlenecks, data inconsistencies and security vulnerabilities.
- Perform reliable system backup and restore operations in case of an outage or other unexpected occurrences.
- Contribute to the development and optimization of SQL queries and scripts.
- Participate in the creation of new and maintain existing data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) pipeline processes.
- Collaborate with team members to develop and implement data improvements and innovations.
- Stay current with emerging database technologies and techniques.
- 2+ years of MS SQL Server administration experience.
- 3+ years of database development and programming.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of SQL Server BI Stack (including PowerBI, SSRS, SSIS and SSAS) and ETL development.
- Strong knowledge of software development along with object-oriented programming.
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM integrations.
- Demonstrated track record of impeccable customer service.
- Comfort with written and verbal communication across levels of seniority.
- Effective multitasker who can perform at a high level under tight timelines.
- Ability to work alone with minimum guidance while prioritizing workloads to meet goals.
- Collaborates well with others and works effectively in a team environment.
- HPN is a remote-first company. “Remote-first” is an organizational strategy that makes working remotely the primary option for most staff. All new staff will be required to be onsite at HPN headquarters or in the Boston area multiple days during weeks designated as All-Staff weeks. There may be additional times when teams are required to travel by their leadership based on scheduled events, team meetings, and business needs.
- Starting salary for the position is $96,000 to $120,000, commensurate with education and experience.
Please submit cover letter and resume here