4 Gerrish Ave
The Neighborhood Developers (TND) is a non-profit community development corporation that believes that great neighborhoods empower people to grow and prosper. TND’s programs revitalize neighborhoods by building affordable housing, supporting economic mobility, and encouraging residents and stakeholders to engage in community improvement activities. TND operates in Chelsea and Revere, historically largely low-income Gateway communities, home to a richly diverse population including immigrants from many regions. TND’s award winning real estate development work is complimented by an active Community Engagement Department and the nationally-recognized CONNECT program, which addresses resident economic and workforce development.
Nuestra Communidad is a non-profit organization devoted to building the wealth and enhancing the physical, economic, and social well-being of Roxbury and other underserved populations in greater Boston through a community-driven process that promotes self-sufficiency and neighborhood revitalization. Nuestra has a rich history of developing high quality affordable and mixed use housing, encouraging home ownership, engaging the community in leadership opportunities, increasing financial resiliency through financial coaching and foreclosure prevention, and supporting the development of local small businesses.
Position Summary Description
In January of 2018, TND and Nuestra will embark on a joint venture which will include common (intra-agency) and unique local programs. Both organizations currently use Salesforce as their primary database for capturing, processing, reporting, and reflecting on and learning from key data. The Database Administrator will be charged with supporting the alignment of these separate systems to enhance both local and joint endeavors as well as maintaining the quality and accuracy of the data. The Database Administrator will work closely with core program managers and the Director of Learning and Evaluation to ensure we are capturing the best and most efficient information to promote on-going growth and learning.
- Ensure inter-operability and reliability across platforms including select data integration with a particular focus on efficiency and simplicity in order to enhance potential replication for future partners.
- Help maintain and strengthen a culture of learning where data and information is core to enhancing growth and fidelity to the mission.
- Responsible for scoping, designing and maintaining the technological capabilities and tools to support the work of TND and Nuestra including: custom objects/fields, page layouts/views, workflows/flows/process builder, and other configurations as needed
- Maintain, create and update user roles, security, profiles, workflow rules, etc.
- Responsible for developing and updating system documentation and related materials, including procedures and maintenance of the Salesforce data dictionary
- Implement, deploy, and maintain integrations to other systems
- Stay current with Salesforce releases and leverage updates applicable to the organizations’ needs
- Manage ongoing support requests and administrative needs of users such as: building customized reports and dashboards, setting up automation, troubleshooting issues, etc.
- Create new reporting capabilities and respond to ad hoc reporting requests, as needed, for internal grant reports, evaluation and opportunity analysis, and forecasting.
- Maintain data integrity. Ensure data is clean, accurate, and complete; includes scheduling regular data cleaning activities and ensuring users have the training they need to properly input data.
In collaboration with the Director of Learning and Evaluation:
- Collaborate with program managers to identify key metrics and areas needing further research.
- Manage the data for metrics, key performance indicators, and other grant-related requirements
- Develop reports, dashboards, and data visualizations for presentation and analysis to staff and board.
- Work with internal teams to understand and resolve specific data collection and/or analysis needs.
- Critical Thinking - the ability to monitor, assess, respond to, and create changes to internal systems if data and/or internal/external factors indicate the need to make a shift in programmatic decision-making.
- Project Management – the ability to utilize time and resources effectively and efficiently.
- Technical Capacity – the resources, skills, experience, knowledge, and aptitude to utilize data and analytical tools to solve issues
- Interpersonal Communications - the ability to effectively engage and communicate with non-technical staff on the execution of solutions to various needs.
- Flexible/Adaptable/Service Oriented – Able to support the needs of different types of users/personalities across multiple functions and independently manage shifting priorities. Can quickly move from report building to automation to troubleshooting mode to end user support to systems planning. Able to communicate openly about shifting priorities, timelines and workload.
Education, Training, Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years related and relevant work experience required
- Salesforce Administrator certification preferred
- Prior experience in a nonprofit preferred
- Strong detail orientation and quantitative skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization, prioritization, follow-up, analytical, and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, deadlines, and challenging situations
- Dependable, with strong work ethic and personal integrity
The Neighborhood Developers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Submit cover letter, resume and salary range to:
Human Relations Manager
The Neighborhood Developers, Inc.
4 Gerrish Avenue
Chelsea, MA 02150
Or email to personnel@TNDinc.org. Please specify position in the subject line.