280 Franklin Street
Homeowner’s Rehab, Inc. (HRI) is a private non-profit organization founded in 1972. HRI furthers its mission by developing and preserving affordable, high-quality rental housing and empowering residents through services and programming. To date, HRI has developed more than 1,500 units of housing, owns more than 1,330 apartments, and 55,000 square feet of commercial space in Cambridge.
In 2020, HRI opened a new, green (Passive House) construction, mixed-income building of 98 rental units of 1, 2, and 3-bedroom apartments. Finch Cambridge is located in the Alewife/Cambridge Highlands neighborhood directly across from the Fresh Pond Reservation.
About Resident Services
Since 2005, HRI has operated a Resident Services Program tailored to the needs and interests of residents, with the goal to increase access to opportunities for individual residents while at the same time fostering a sense of community at the site level. Resident input plays a large role in determining the scope of our programs. We focus on identifying and addressing residents’ diverse needs and providing appropriate support. Currently, our program’s focus areas are housing stability, health and wellness, economic resiliency, and youth development.
The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for building strong relationships with residents, carrying out key activities and programs at assigned developments, and assisting residents to connect with appropriate community-based programs.
- Establish and maintain strong connections with residents throughout assigned properties.
- Maintain relationships with local service providers and property management staff.
- Coordinate and facilitate in person community engagement events and resident forums. Support resident efforts in community building initiatives.
- Provide ongoing outreach services to identify individuals who would benefit from supportive services, identify program and service gaps.
- In collaboration with residents, management, and local community service providers- provide focused attention and advocacy as required to support housing stability for at-risk populations.
- Coordinate the delivery of services with local human service providers.
- Provide information and referral assistance for residents when needed.
- Input all service provision information into Resident Services Database.
- Maintain good communications with residents through print, digital and in-person outreach.
- Communicate and work with HRI’s Property Management Company site staff to foster cooperation and team approach with all parties.
- Reports to Director of Community Engagement.
- 2-5 years in housing, human services, case management or a degree in social work or a related field strongly preferred.
- Bilingual candidate preferred (Amharic, Haitian-Creole preferred).
- Familiarity with local supportive services networks preferred.
- Experience working with youth and families preferred.
- Ability to work some evening hours.
Compensation: HRI offers competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Homeowner’s Rehab Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email a cover letter and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.