120 Maple St; 4th Fl
Way Finders lights pathways and opens doors to homes and communities where people thrive. So that all people have safe, secure places to live, we work to eliminate homelessness, increase the supply of stable, affordable housing and help people buy their first homes. We provide access to an array of housing services that help people find ways to live where they choose, regardless of income or background. The housing developments we build and manage are high quality and sustain the character of each community. Our work in the community energizes neighborhoods and helps people recognize their potential to thrive.
Way Finders is a mission-oriented, nonprofit organization offering a fast-paced, professional work environment focused on achievement. We employ individuals with a strong commitment to excellence, a collaborative nature and the desire to make a difference. Way Finders currently has an exciting opportunity for a Chief Financial Officer. The CFO is responsible for the financial performance of the organization, including Way Finders’ two affiliated organizations, Common Capital, Inc., a community development financial institution, and MBL Housing and Development LLC, a consulting firm working with developers of affordable housing.
This position encompasses a wide range of strategic and analytical duties to assist this growing organization reach its goals.
- Management, design, implementation and administration of Way Finders' financial systems, including assessing financial risks and reporting while effectively communicating Way Finders' financial position and requirements to financial institutions, business partners and internal/external stakeholders;
- Financial management and planning, including budgeting and cash flow analysis/management;
- Strategic planning and implementation;
- Risk management;
- Oversight of accounting staff functions, grant and contract management/accounting and monitoring of financial performance of various programs and projects and special projects as assigned.
- Advanced degree in accounting, finance, mathematics, or business;
- 7-10 years+ in accounting/financial management in the non-profit or private sectors;
- CPA licensure a plus, but not required;
- The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of accounting principles, budget development/administration, legal and financial procedures related to real estate ownership, excellent organizational and strategic planning/implementation skills, project management skills and ability to grow and develop strong teams.
- Commitment to Way Finders' mission, team-orientation and innovative problem solving skills are needed
Wage between $115,000 - $140,000 depending on education and experience.
Resumes accepted until position is filled. Interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter.
Way Finders is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, handicap, veteran status or national origin.