155 Merrimack Street
Case Manager – Housing Counselor
Are you interested in a position that will make a difference in your life and the lives of others? Community Teamwork is a private non-profit organization with over 500 employees dedicated to reducing barriers and creating opportunities for low income individuals and families.
In addition to fully utilizing your skills, Community Teamwork offers opportunities for continued professional development and career growth. Great teams, a competitive salary and well above average benefits including a generous contribution to employee 401k plans make Community Teamwork a highly regarded employer.
We are seeking a Case Manager who will be responsible for providing case management to clients and their families. Provide advocacy, support, and referral information and assist clients and families to overcome barriers to become self-sufficient.
- Complete intake and needs assessments with each family, which may involve a broad range of areas including housing, finance & budgeting, employment, education, food & nutrition, school & daycare, legal issues, health, parenting, and daily living skills.
- Work closely with families to identify and build upon strengths and develop strategies to address barriers and concerns identified through the assessment process.
- Help clients build self-sufficiency plans.
- Assist clients to transition to self-advocacy roles.
- Facilitate housing workshops and trainings.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, preferably in a Human Services related field. Significant case management experience may substitute for degree.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working with low income individuals or families required.
- Minimum of one-year assessment, advocacy and case management work in a Human Service field required.
- Knowledge and experience working with low income, culturally diverse, and at-risk families and individuals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources available to low-income individuals and families.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient computer skills required in basic computer software and data collection systems.
- Excellent crisis management skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and confidentiality of information.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish, English/Khmer, English/Portuguese) preferred.
CTI offers a comprehensive benefits package including, Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Tuition Reimbursement and a 5% contribution to your 401K, 11 paid Holidays, 4 weeks of Paid Time Off, paid sick leave and much more.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Community Teamwork is a drug free work environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of an innovative, outcome focused team in an organization committed to excellence.