25 Braintree Hill Office Park
Under the direction of the Director of Property Management, the Boston Northeast Regional Property Manager is responsible for all phases of the Bedford, Wakefield, Melrose, Medford, Everett, and Chelsea properties operations and on-site team performances. S/he must manage the company’s objectives and property operating budget, with the primary goals of increasing the cash flow, balancing the budget, maintaining the physical asset and providing a quality living environment for the residents. This role will establish and maintain a positive, productive working relationship with the property’s team members, ensuring their adherence to Caritas’s Mission Statement, policies, and procedures; and that the sites are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
PHYSICAL CONDITION OF PROPERTIES: Ensure that Bedford, Wakefield, Melrose, Medford, Everett, and Chelsea properties are in top physical condition
- Conduct monthly announced site visits and periodic unannounced site visits
- Provide a written summary of satisfactory and unsatisfactory building conditions within a week following site visit
- Provide recommendations for physical improvements and repairs as needed, with a minimum of quarterly reports
RENT COLLECTION: Oversee rent collections to minimize rent loss and the need to evict tenants for nonpayment
- Ensure that rents are collected within the first ten days of the month
- Issue late notices per company policy and lease requirements
- Make recommendations for eviction actions, payment plans, assistance from the Caritas tenant preservation fund
BUDGETING: Ensure that net operating income meets planned budget
- Prepare annual budgets for each property
- Monitor monthly actuals to planned budget and explains any variances
- Develop actions to address variances and keep properties on budget
AFFORDABILITY COMPLIANCE: Ensure compliance with rent and income guidelines
- Monitor compliance with regulatory agreements
- Verify that required income targets are met
- Verify that rents meet affordability/regulatory guidelines
- Participate in Finepoint and other compliance audits
SUPERVISION: Work with and motivate site managers
- Ensure that site managers understand company policies and job expectations
- Oversee completion of site managers’ duties, including:
- Prompt reporting of actual and anticipated vacancies
- Interviewing potential residents
- Prompt filing of incident reports
- Collecting income qualification data, as required
- Maintaining vacant rooms in rent-ready condition
- Responding to resident complaints
- Tracking work order completion
- Other duties, as assigned
- Provide a positive work environment by managing and resolving conflicts in a constructive manner. Evaluate each site manager’s performance in writing. Make recommendations to the Director of Property Management regarding any site manager’s performance or misconduct issues.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE: Maintain the technical expertise necessary to fulfill job requirements
- Attend all required training sessions
- Keep current on changes in income and rent level requirements
- Monitor compliance with income and rent level requirements
TEAMWORK: Work effectively with others inside and outside the organization.
- Maintain good working relationships and effective communications with supervisor, peers, and colleagues.
- Respond in a timely and effective manner to requests for information
- Assist supervisor and colleagues in their tasks
- Take initiative to solve problems caused by poor communications and relationships
- Identify ways to improve work processes
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Comply with established Caritas rules and responsibilities.
- Contribute to a positive image of Caritas, both inside and outside the organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent budget and financial management skills
- Knowledge of all regulatory programs, polices and Federal Housing Laws and Guidelines required
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Yardi or other industry software experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Knowledge of Federal Fair Housing Laws & Guidelines a plus
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills are necessary to be successful in this role
- Ability to speak a second language is a plus!
- Knowledge of all regulatory programs and policies regarding housing and affordable housing are necessary
- Leadership skills and understanding of effective management of personal development for all employees desired
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Ability to move around the building or site; able to move up to 50 pounds; able to work in outdoor conditions. Travel between Bedford, Wakefield, Melrose, Medford, Everett, Chelsea properties required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
BA/BS and 3 years in progressive career path in Residential Property Management, preferably with government-assisted properties and single room occupancies. Experience in supervising site staffs preferred. Industry designations such as COS, LIHTC, ARM®, and/or CPM®, etc. are a plus.
Please submit a cover letter, detailing your salary requirements and your qualifications for this position, along with a resume to Thomas Nee at firstname.lastname@example.org.