ORGANIZATION NAME: Central Massachusetts Housing Alliance, Inc.
POSITION: Assistant to the Housing Counselor Program
SUPERVISOR: Director, Prevention & Eviction
STATUS: Full time, non-exempt
WORK SITE: CMHA 6 Institute Road, Worcester, MA
The Housing Counseling Assistant is responsible to provide day to day support to the Prevention Eviction team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Prevention/Eviction team during Housing Counseling hours to triage clients
- Respond to emails and other inquiries regarding assistance for funding
- Download the Housing Counseling phone lines daily and return calls in a timely manner
- Prepare client file for the Prevention Eviction staff and ensure all proper documentation has been submitted to complete the application
- Contact clients and landlords to collect required documents needed to release funding
- Assist Prevention Eviction team with filing, photo copies and daily tasks
- Review files to present to the Eviction Prevention Director for the approval or denial of prevention funding, including payment authorization and tracking changes in funding requirements and/or concerns regarding funding resources
- Prepare files for the accounting department
- Send letters for approvals and commitments to those assigned to the file
- Enter approved files /checks into the data base
- Assist with managing electronic applications
- Participate in conference calls with DHCD and community meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Prevention & Eviction, Executive Director or designee.
The candidate would have a High School Diploma or HISET. Proficient in Microsoft office, data base entries and excel. Ability to work collaboratively as a team. Strong organization skills, excellent customer service and sensitivity towards the needs and challenges of families served, interest to learn. Willingness to learn.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OR ESSENTIAL ABILITIES:
Interested candidates please send cover and resume to: Ann Gibbons Smith at, firstname.lastname@example.org