66 Chaffee Street
Assistant Director of Real Estate Development
About ONE Neighborhood Builders
Our Mission is to Develop Affordable Housing and Engage Neighbors across Greater Providence to Cultivate Healthy, Vibrant, and Safe Communities. We will accomplish our mission through:
Robust Housing Development and Quality Real Estate Management
ONE|NB will expand the availability of affordable, high-quality homes through the production, preservation, and acquisition of residential and mixed-use properties within our historic home of Olneyville and across greater Providence.
Addressing Root Causes of Health Disparities
ONE|NB will engage residents and community-based organizations in our four central Providence neighborhoods to generate the social and economic conditions that prolong life expectancy and work to eradicate systemic barriers that lead to health disparities.
Embracing Innovation and Building the Community Development Field
ONE|NB will emerge as a thought leader in the field by distilling the lessons learned from developing and managing housing and convening residents and community organizations. We will participate in local and regional community development conversations, produce research and case studies, and amplify the impact of our community partners.
At full complement, ONE|NB has 29 full-time equivalent team members. ONE|NB is a NeighborWorks America charter member and is governed by an active Board of Directors consisting of eleven members. The organization’s annual operating budget is approximately $5 million.
The Assistant Director of Real Estate Development is responsible for leading the Real Estate Development in originating, coordinating and implementing all aspects of the development of affordable and mixed-income housing projects, as well as stand-alone commercial and mixed-use developments that are aligned with neighborhood revitalization plans. Projects may include new construction, acquisition and rehabilitation, portfolio syndication, and joint ventures with other developers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in conducting preliminary real estate development feasibility analyses.
- Researches and secures sources of predevelopment, construction, and permanent financing from public and private sources.
- Works with municipal and public agency staff to assure timely public review and approvals, including environmental and other entitlement reviews.
- Helps organize critical community support for development projects.
- Assists in identifying third-party vendors, such as contractors, engineers, and architects, for the development team and assists with negotiating contracts with such vendors.
- Monitors project budgets, cash flow projections, and project schedules to ensure on-time and within-budget project delivery.
- Oversees design development and construction management to ensure attention is given to special-user needs, project budget, timelines, and lender/investor requirements.
- When the Director is unavailable, makes public presentations on behalf of ONE|NB at external project meetings.
- Assists the Director with the orientation of new development staff.
- Facilitates training and technical support for new project developers.
- Prepares written report material, grant applications, and makes presentations before public bodies and community groups.
- Leads Real Estate Development team responses to RFQ’s and RFP’s.
- Assists Director with special projects and assignments from time to time as may be directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience or background in all aspects of affordable housing project development from acquisition through construction completion.
- Working knowledge and experience with local, state, and federal housing financing programs; including HOME, Housing Trust Fund, Low Income Housing Tax Credits, and Tax-Exempt Bonds. Knowledge of Historic Tax Credits and New Market Tax Credits are a plus, but not a requirement.
- Working knowledge of the state and local entitlement and public approvals processes.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the concerns and needs of lower-income people
- Ability to conduct financial analysis develop project budgets and construction period cash flow projections.
- Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills
- Effective public presentation skills.
- Ability to work in and lead project teams and to work with a wide variety of individuals.
- Computer skills including word processing and spreadsheets for financial analysis are required.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able and willing to travel throughout ONE|NB’s portfolio and attend evening and weekend meetings from time to time as may be necessary.
COMPENSATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
ONE|NB offers a robust benefits package (including health, dental, and vision insurance), a retirement plan with matching contribution, a generous allotment of paid holiday and personal/vacation time, flexibility to occasionally telecommute from home, and an inspiring & innovative organizational culture. The salary for this position is $75,000 to $93,000, commensurate with experience. The candidate must be fully vaccinated and will be expected to work in the office, located at 66 Chaffee Street, Providence, RI.
ONE|NB works to dismantle all forms of discrimination. We fight the systems that oppress people from a vast range of identities and experiences. Cultivating a team that embodies the diverse experiences of Central Providence communities is essential to these aspirations. We strongly and sincerely encourage applications from people of color; immigrant, bilingual, and bicultural individuals; people with disabilities; members of LGBTQQ+ and gender non-conforming communities; and people with other diverse backgrounds and lived experiences.
Submit thoughtful cover letter and resume to Milton Baxter, Director of Real Estate by February 15, 2022.