90 Longwood Avenue, Suite 1
The Brookline Housing Authority (BHA) is a high-performing, mid-sized Public Housing Authority that seeks an Assistant Director of Leased Housing.
- Support the Director of Leased Housing & Applications by directing the administrative operations of all Housing Choice and Project-Based Vouchers, Rental Assistance Demonstration, and Massachusetts Rental Voucher programs.
- Supervise the Leased Housing staff.
- Review and interprets federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to all Leased Housing Rental Assistance Programs.
- Serve as the primary liaison for property owners with BHA Project-Based Voucher contracts and other housing partnership agreements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business administration, public administration, or related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience in public and/or rental assistance programs, including a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory capacity. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of affordable housing programs, particularly Section 8 Voucher, Public Housing, HUD’s RAD and Tax Credits. Certified credentials in Section 8 eligibility and rent calculation preferable.
- Proficiency in computer applications, Word, Excel.
- Strong writing and speaking skills. Detail oriented, precise in calculations.
Please submit a cover letter detailing your qualifications along with a resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls or letters. The BHA is commencing interview for this position in October 2019 and intends to fill the position expeditiously.
BHA offers a competitive salary and strong benefits package, including state GIC health insurance and a defined-benefit pension. This is a non-union, senior management position.
The BHA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action, Section 3 employer. Females, LGBTQ individuals, minorities, veterans, Section 3 qualifying individuals, and person with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.