44 Washington St.
RIHousing – Assistant Director of IT
Salary Range - $99,723.70-$144,306.06
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
The Assistant Director of Information Technology’s role is multidimensional. Primary functions include:
- Supervising and maintaining the organization’s repository of software applications through best practices
- Managing and determining appropriate staffing of a technical team
- Developing effective relationships with the heads of the Agency’s business units to facilitate effective project planning, implementation, and coordination of processes required for the provision of user applications and systems necessary for business operations.
This individual will apply proven communication and problem-solving skills to guide and assist the user group on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems. The Assistant Director reports to the Director of Information Technology.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
- Evaluate current business processes, procedures, relationships, system design, and techniques to identify opportunities to improve Rhode Island Housing’s information systems.
- Bridge the communication divide between IT staff and business unit staff.
- Maintain systems and ensure the clients are properly utilizing business applications.
- Work closely with partners (e.g., ICE/Black Knight, HDS, Yardi, Ellie Mae, Mitas…) and clients to ensure that software applications are developed and programming modifications are made and tested in accordance with project goals.
- Monitor and ensure all Applications, Services, and Support Services related issues are tracked and resolved in a timely manner. Work with business areas on update/grades, via change control processes.
- Assist business areas in researching new systems and applications to address business needs.
- Collaborate with business, application, and architectural teams to achieve quality deliverables.
- Develop professional relations with clients/customers and establish effective solutions to meet business requirements.
- The Information Technology business applications team will define all project requirements.
- Prepare designs and establish costs for various business application development projects.
- Develop work schedules and ensure all applications work within the work schedule.
- Determine and analyze various processes and implement changes for improvement.
- Prepare and maintain business application system documentation.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Adapt system development methods, standards, governance, and guidelines to meet the needs of the business or as it relates to a specific project.
- Manage the daily/weekly operations of the Application team employees and partners.
- Manage support of critical business applications; ensure most current updates are installed; manage updates with the infrastructure team.
- Ensure major business applications are properly utilized by the clients through appropriate training.
- Analyze business requirements and current system processes to identify improvements.
- Resolve complex database system and application problems.
- Ensure all business application system documentation is up to date and accurate.
- Ensure all work is developed and maintained in accordance with appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Communicate effectively with Information Technology management and business entities on the project process and identify risks in a timely manner.
- Work with a partner via email, phone, and ticketing system to resolve issues.
- Adhere to enterprise policies, processes, and standards.
- Adhere to security policies to ensure the protection of organization data.
- Keep skillset and knowledge up to date on new technologies via training, tutorials, online forums, and peer tutoring.
- Establish and maintain successional planning policies and procedures.
- Serve on Information Technology project teams and other special projects as assigned by the Director of Information Technology.
- Plan for the agency’s disaster recovery needs and contribute to related efforts as necessary.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Eight to ten years experience leading business application development and support teams on various projects, preferably in financial services or housing program environments.
- Five years of direct experience managing applications and/or systems management.
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Direct, hands-on experience with automated software management tools and database SQL/ETL delivery.
- Project management experience with both technical and business unit teams.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Experience with core software applications, including loan origination, imaging, and accounting.
- Technically fluent in programming languages, including C#, .Net, Visual Basic, Java Script, PowerShell, Python, and HTML.
- Proven experience with Visual Studio and source control applications/methods.
- Working knowledge of relational database principles with such databases as SQL.
- Working knowledge of reporting software such as SSRS.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows 10, SharePoint, and MS Office 365.
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership with staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong client/customer service orientation.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application issues and products.
- Highly motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Experience working in a team-orientated, collaborative environment.
Rhode Island Housing is an EEO/AA employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide!
- Mission Driven Organization
- Dedicated Workforce
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Flexible Work Hours
- If Position Eligible, Future Hybrid Work May Be Available
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023
- PBN’s Worksite Health Award 2013-2023
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable, and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing uses its resources to provide low-interest loans, grants, education, and assistance to help Rhode Islanders find, rent, buy, build, and keep a good home. Created by the General Assembly in 1973, RIHousing is a privately funded public purpose corporation. RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.