Job Location: Washington, DC (Boston, MA or other locations possible)
Positions Available: 1
Position Type: Full-time, permanent
Start Date: January 2018
Salary: Depends on experience
TCAM is a growing company providing asset management and advisory services to companies, non-profit organizations and government agencies throughout the affordable housing industry. TCAM’s work environment is fast-paced and dynamic. We are headquartered in Boston with an office in Washington, DC.
Job Responsibilities: The Asset Manager will work as part of a cross-functional team in the completion of a variety of tasks related to affordable housing funded with LIHTC, HOME, CDBG, state tax credit, and/or other sources. As part of the TCAM team, the successful candidate will help to protect and increase asset value—including both tax benefits and cash flow—on behalf of clients. S/he will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients, including general partners, lenders, government agencies, investors and property managers. The Asset Manager will also need to understand partnership, financing and tax matters, as well as real estate issues at the operating partnership level.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Assisting TCAM’s staff in asset management and consulting engagements for DC-based clients including public housing agencies.
- Assisting in overseeing reporting requirements for DC-based contracts – both for assignment deliverables and contract compliance reporting.
- Analyzing financial statements and follow-up with the client and/or owner/borrower on any issues identified.
- Conducting or helping to coordinate and oversee site visits to evaluate property management, property marketability and market positioning, management plans, and physical condition of properties. Review tenant files and evaluate compliance with applicable housing program requirements.
- Analyzing local market conditions and competition.
- Producing, reviewing and monitoring monthly, quarterly and annual asset and portfolio reports.
- Reviewing affordable housing governing documents (e.g. local housing covenants, loan documents, etc.) for compliance and reporting requirements and helping to store and maintain key information in all applicable databases.
- Ensuring the timely receipt and integrity of asset and portfolio information collected and stored in all DC-based client databases.
- Prepare financial analyses and projections for individual multifamily assets, as well as portfolios comprised of numerous assets, to estimate ongoing cash flows, market valuations, and refinancing and disposition proceeds.
- Respond to client requests for information through informal interactions and formal presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater
- 3+ years of real estate experience in affordable housing asset management or property management, or a closely related field
- Willing to travel frequently within the United States and territories
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in financial analysis and spreadsheet modeling
- MS Excel and Word proficient
- Excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others and thrive in a collaborative, team-based, dynamic environment – pitching in wherever needed to achieve team goals
- Flexibility and ability to manage conflicting priorities.
We prefer that this position be based out of TCAM’s Washington, DC office, though we will also consider candidates wishing to be based in other locations. The position will be paid at a level commensurate with experience, but relocation assistance is not available.
For consideration, please forward your resume, cover letter, and availability (start and end dates) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use position code “Asset Manager” in the subject line of your email.