Job Location: Boston, MA
Positions Available: 1
Position Type: Full-time, permanent
Start Date: Summer 2018
Salary: Depends on experience
TCAM is a growing company providing asset management and advisory services to capital providers in the affordable housing industry. TCAM’s work environment is fast-paced and team-oriented. Located in downtown Boston, our office is a short walk from both Government Center and South Station.
Job Responsibilities: Work as part of a cross-functional team to protect and increase asset value – including both tax benefits and cash flow – on behalf of clients. Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, general partners, property managers, lenders, and government agencies. Understand partnership, financing and tax matters, as well as real estate issues at the operating partnership level. Specific responsibilities include:
- Review and monitor monthly or quarterly operating reports and evaluate performance.
- Ensure the timely receipt and integrity of asset information collected and stored in TCAM database.
- Assist with the creation of reports from TCAM database including written specifications and pre-production testing.
- Analyze annual audited financial statements and follow-up with the general partner/borrower on any issues identified.
- Analyze operating partnership tax returns and work with the general partner and accountants to resolve problems.
- Establish relationships and communicate regularly with the client, general partner, and others involved in the specific assets including syndicators, lenders, management agents and government officials.
- Conduct site visits to evaluate property management, property marketability and market positioning, management plan, and physical condition of properties. Review tenant files and evaluate compliance with Section 42 requirements.
- Respond to client requests for information through informal interactions and formal presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of real estate experience in multifamily asset management or property management
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in financial analysis and spreadsheet modeling
- MS Excel proficient
- Excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others and thrive in a collaborative, team-based, dynamic environment – pitching in wherever needed to achieve team goals.
- Flexibility and ability to manage conflicting priorities.
For consideration, please forward your resume, cover letter via email to email@example.com. Please use position code “Asset Manager” in the subject line of your email.